The MYTH Of Albert Haynesworth's Contract

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Saintsfan1972, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

the following break down was posted at the saints site i frequent. the OP was showing how a Redskins/Saints trade for Haynesworth would be possible. the contract breakdown is pretty interesting......

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The rest of the NFC doesnt want to see that go down, but with Greg Williams on board I can see NOLA being a destination. Haynesworth is the best DT in the NFL, and Haynesworth/Ellis cobo would improve everyone around them

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

4. interesting

5. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Take him please.

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I see you've come around on him.

7. HailttRedskins

I haven't come around on him, but I didn't like his whole 3-4 snitching. However he's changed his mind so I don't mind him being here.

A lot of Redskins fans hate him because of his contract which is simply BS. Sure we overpaid him, I think anyone and everyone will agree on that, but when he's out there healthy, he's causing problems for most teams.

I really like him due to his big brother type stance. For instance in Atlanta when they got in our teams face, he was the first person to push just about their entire team back, as well as when Jacobs went at Hall, Haynesworth got right in his face and was ready to take everyone one.

Nobody on our team has that mentality, Haynesworth does.

8. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Your team is a bunch of pussies then.

9. HailttRedskins

I admit it, they are. They don't stand up for each other at all. Maybe that'll change with Shanahan era, who knows.

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

NFC East Olines were much different than what he faced in Tenn. Washington = FAIL again

11. HailttRedskins

Every game Haynesworth was in, NFC East or not, he had an impact on the run game through the middle. I'd say he did his job quite well compared to how we did without him.

Now will that be the same for the 3-4, who knows.

12. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I am not pleased with the way he played last year. To me, it looked like he got paid and said heck it.

13. HailttRedskins

Might have appeared that way, but when he was on the field, the rush against was much less than when he was off.

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I don't get a chance to see many Washingtons' games. Guess I was wrong.

15. HailttRedskins

They did a breakdown of when he was on the field and off, it was a pretty big change when he was on.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

Albert Haynesworth's Washington Redskins 'mates call him out - ESPN

don't worry, your new leader dmac will have a talk with fat albert and he'll make things all good.

17. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

In 2009, the following defensive tackles had more tackles than Albert Haynesworth: Kyle Williams, Marcus Stroud, Tommy Kelly, Mike Patterson, Daniel Muir Kroy Biermann, Brandon Mebane, Colin Cole, Jonathan Babineaux, Terrance Knighton, Sione Pouha, Anthony Adams, Pat Williams, Casey Hampton, Spencer Johnson, Vince Wilfork, Anthony Hargrove, Clifford Ryan, Damione Lewis, Jay Ratliff, Tony Brown, & Amobi Okoye.

AH had one sack.

So what was so great about him? Did he have more push up the middle? Did he clog lanes better? Those are hard to measure, and he would have to be extremely good at it to justify the money he's making.

Maybe he had a bad year? Well, he has a history of playing lights out when his contract is up or almost up, but back sliding after he gets paid. He did it in Tennessee, and now Washington.

As far as I'm concerned, Washington can keep Albert Haynesworth.

18. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

you really should check your stats.. he had 4 sacks and ranked 6th in qb hits.

the team also went from 24 sacks in 08 to 40 in 09.

You clearly don't watch enough redskins games to make a judgement.