The New Hangout Thread - v5.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 86WARD, Feb 23, 2015.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Happy 4th of july, GIF!! I get three days off and I'm so thankful I'm wearing my Uncle Sam hat today...
    (((Stands up)))
    Oh say can you seeeeeee......

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

My company is actually open on Monday and giving us off on Tuesday for the 4th. They are so cheap. I'm taking a vacation day Monday though so I get a nice 4 day weekend!!

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Wow. That sucks.

Getting US holidays is nice and all but then the Mexican holidays come up and I have to work and then it sucks...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Mexico lost to the US last night in the CONCACAF Nations League Final. I didn't even know they would play and I didn't care for the final score. This team stopped being relevant for me for two reasons: The best Mexican players are not called anymore, and they have stopped playing their home games in Mexico which for me is insulting and insane.

I can't believe I can quit my NATIONAL team but not the Cowboys. Maybe I need (more) therapy...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

I didn't know they were playing either until I saw people post about it on Facebook. I pretty much only watch the World Cup though.

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Wait, you have facebook again? I barely use it anymore, but add me again. You're missing lots of memes in spanish XD.

My girlfriend's 23 year old nephew once told me "Facebook? That's for old people" and that's the day I officially got old.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

I'm on FB under a new account since my other couldn't be recovered. I actually thought we were friends again haha. I never post but I'll send you my info.

TJ likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hi.

I come from a third world country where probably our highest most golden dream is to convict former presidents. It's a dream shared by many countries in the region...maybe all of them.

The USA just did that and the environment I see in social media is of anger and sadness. Honest to God, I don't get it. If this happened here we'd be throwing a parade already...in fact, our current president campaigned with the promise of throwing them all to jail and won in a landslide not seen since the 70s. And then, of course, did nothing about it. And now I hope he gets to be the first one to actually end in jail.

I guess my point is...what the heck is going on?!?!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

It was a political witch hunt using lawfare to attempt to keep an opposing candidate off the ballot during some of the most turbulent times in our nation’s history. It may have marked a turning point into truly dark times here.

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I see. Maybe we weren't so crazy when we banned reelection.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

After discussing it with a friend who now lives in Texas, I was looking at it the wrong way. I was looking at it as a former president, not as a presidential candidate.

That changes everything, because jailing opposing candidates is the go-to play for autoritarian regimes like Putin, Maduro, Ortega and all those horrible bastards. So yeah, I kind of agree that it's BS.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

Not just a presidential candidate, but a candidate that is leading is most polls against the lowest approved president in 70 years.

TJ likes this.