The OFFICIAL Atlanta Braves 2011 Thread (Taking Back The East)

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Chipper10, Mar 31, 2011.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Enjoy Uggla, dude is more streaky than a toddler's underwear who has a tummy ach.

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

A lot of players get that way. So far, he's doing pretty good. 2 HRs in 4 Games. He provides a big, power bat that the Braves need. On Sunday, they got 11 runs without a home run. As long as the bats stay hot, it looks like the pitching can take care of their part, at least so far. Again, we are only 4 games into the season.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

well you better hope uggla produces big at the plate because he will cost you runs in the field.

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

He can't do no worse than Brooks Conrad did in the last 9 games of the season last year. And He saved us a Run in the field last night, it just didn't help cause we couldn't get a run. Him and Prado both threw people out at the plate last night int he 8th inning.

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Chipper just passers a sweet milestone
    25hunderdth hit
    Nice

6. Inclulbus

Tell me why I got emotional as hell once he got the standing applaud? damn man, love him to death <3. ha. We got down 3-0, I was about to turn it off... Thank you Jason Heyward

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

yeah, i expect that of most other teams' fans.

8. Omen

I was too but I'm just chilling by lonesome with my kiddos so I just kept it on and bam ...I wouldst being pissed tomorrow

9. Inclulbus

I talked with crowned earlier, he took yall, with cliff lee on the mound, he said if yall got 2, we'd be done.. i let that get in my head, once it got to three, I thought for sure it was GG. Just hoping we get through this 8th with no damage.

10. Omen

Nice catch Gonzalez .....

11. Inclulbus

Yeah, then heyward bit the dust. Well outting for Hudson, after getting down real early. He's been frustrated all night between fielding/trying to bunt/getting down early. He held it together like a monster though.

12. Omen

No crap I hears 100 pitches .....damn .....

Need to score some insurance runs

13. Inclulbus

kimbrel, let's get it.

14. Omen

Did they just say he had strong backside

15. Omen

Nice win Atlanta

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

great series.

until next time jerks.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...

18. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Pitching obviously isn't the issue. We need offense, or else we're going to be in trouble. We've got a great lineup to produce, they just need to do so. Going against the Phillies pitching is never going to be easy, but we've got to do better with runners in scoring position. Bad start to the season, but its only april. :]

19. Omen

Yup I agree we seem to be able to keeps teams at bay for only so long ....the bats need yo produce

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

the brave's offense will be fine IMO. if oswalt doesnt get heywood to pop out in saturday's game the braves take at least two of the three games. that was huge and heywood has plenty of time to learn how to get a hit in that situation more consistently.

of course it helped that ruiz hit his grand slam the very next inning.

long season. gonna be a fun ride.