The OFFICIAL Atlanta Braves 2011 Thread (Taking Back The East)

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Chipper10, Mar 31, 2011.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

:fu08:

:eek:a02:

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

;) With Chipper hurt, and Heyward hurt. Did I mention that part?

3. Chipper10

Alex Gonzalez a bum at the plate normally. Swing at a high fast ball for strike three, then get mad and cuss.

4. Chipper10

BRIAN MCCANN A PINCH HIT HOME RUN, DOWN TO THE LAST STRIKE! WOO! :]

5. Chipper10

HE DOES IT AGAIN!!!! MCCANN A BEAST! BRAVES WIN!

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Damn it now I regret not being there

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

7. Chipper10

It was awesome. I was sitting there, waiting to text a friend telling him game over, when Brian had 1-2 the count in bottom of 9th, 2 out and no one on, and all of a sudden he hits a home run. Bases loaded for Astros in top of 11th, 1 out and Rowles grounded into his first DP of season, I got a call at work so IDK how the Braves had a runner on, and then McCann hits it, i heard announcer say "If it stays fair, its gone" and i was listening, totally ignored the insured on the phone and threw my hand in the air in a fist pump IN the office, lol then had to ask the guy on the phone to repeat his last statement. Horrible, I know. But, 2 game sweep from Astros, now its off to the desert and need to win that series as well before going to Anaheim.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

really, you're bringing up injuries to a phillies fan ?

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

for the record - mccan is the only catcher i would take over chooch. guy is freaking money.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  10. Chipper10

Oh. My bad. I thought Phillies were golden, no matter what.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

They are. They play average early...lol...

12. Chipper10

Maybe so. But, I think Braves will put up more of a fight this year than late last year against them. At least, I'm definitely hoping so. A rough start in April for the Braves, but they're hot this month. A long way to go, and right now the top three teams in the NL East within 2 games of one another. Should be fun and stressful down the road, and if NFL doesn't straighten out in time? It could provide huge boosts for late season match ups in Baseball.

13. Omen

I was actually upset back in 05 when they traded Estrada and made McCann the starter .....but that's why I'm not a baseball magr

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

well that goes without saying. :icon_cool:

15. Chipper10

Lose 2 to the D'Backs. Yup. Normal. -.- I dont know why Arizona always gives the Braves trouble, need to make up for it with a series win over the Angels.

16. Omen

Yup braves always have trouble with the dbags

17. Chipper10

Horrible trip out west. Hopefully they can salvage something against the Pirates, get back home and get those bats going.

18. Omen

Yeah but know two players on 15 day dl and chipper and Heyward banged up....don't look good

19. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Heyward is on the DL too. 15 day

20. Chipper10

Hudson gonna miss a start. Medlen is still recovering. Bleh. Makes that trip out West even worse. We need to get healthy, stay in the race for the division early. Mather has been killing it, but he can't do it alone.