The OFFICIAL Atlanta Braves 2011 Thread (Taking Back The East)

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Chipper10, Mar 31, 2011.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

whats the deal with heyward ? were his lousy stats due to the shoulder or is this DL stint a result of the lousy stats ?

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

He's been battling a couple injuries. Braves are banged up again. Its what hurt them in late september, and its hurrting them now early in the season. better now than later, but we should have people capable of producing in their absence.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

you guys are still within striking distance. no need to panic. unfortunately. :icon_cool:

4. Chipper10

Yeah. I know, lol. Just wished for better results out west, especially against Arizona.

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

was hearing on radio about how many people including myself were bashing andrew jones but since he has left their has being no stability in the center

6. Chipper10

I never bashed Druw <3 I hated to see him leave.

7. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I bashed him, cause he struck out more than anyone in the majors. His D was beyond everyones though.

8. Chipper10

And now we have Alex Gonzalez. :/ 2 strikes, pitch well high..swings..cusses..and walks away pissy.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

has jones done anything since he left though ?

10. Chipper10

Last time I saw him, he was on the White sox. I think that was last spring, but im not sure since..

11. Omen

Ibthunknsince he left there has been a revolving door of players their .....

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

12. Chipper10

I like McClouth

13. Omen

he seems aight ......sweet sig dude

14. Chipper10

Lol. Ward made it. I know it made him feel awesome to have to make a Braves sig :D

But, McClouth is valuable, I think. And we've let so many young players go. Laroche. Kelly Johnson. Just, I think keeping him around is vital. Just like not letting Prado go was. Prado is going to make a great player, most likely at third or second when Chipper goes. I think Uggla can play third, and Prado second. Or Prado third, uggla second. I just think as long as we stay healthy, and don't have to get into our bullpen too early, we've got a really good team.

15. Omen

Atlanta radio was speculating that we trade dodgers for ...crap I forgot his name outfielder and a pitching prospect...for Hanson .....IMO no dice

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

16. Chipper10

Oh hell no. Hanson doesn't need to leave. I'd be pissed at Wren and Gonzalez if they let that happen.

17. Chipper10

.. 1-0 for us top first, but Minor in trouble now. Runners first and second, 1 out in bottom 1st.

18. Chipper10

Gonzalez..just screwed up a possible DP chance. And left the runner on second. 2-2 bottom ninth, first and second for pirates..no outs. :/

19. Chipper10

HOly hell, what a way to get out of it for Venter. Bases loaded, one out..and double play..third to home to first. Beastly, going into the 10th.

20. Chipper10

Brooks Conrad found that magic again. 2 run shot in 11th, 4-2 Braves, one out away to go away with the 2 game sweep and back to Atlanta for Friday's game against the Reds.