The Official Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TJ, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

We had some troubles too. Reuss is out, Neuer, Schweinsteiger and Lahm still nursing their injuries
    On a side note, we never won against Portugal. Hope we can finally end this streak. Ronaldo out, would be a good step toward it

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

What are you going to do? Cancel the national and international leages in the WC-year?

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im tempted to thumb up his butt

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

No lube

86WARD likes this.
  5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Oh crap I forgot ragman existed.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

How could you forget? #legend.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Besides my number one team the USA

I'll root for
    Spain and Mexico.

Any body else can suck it

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Looking forward 6/26 :)

86WARD likes this.
  9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I thought the Americans would follow a similar method of secondary support to us in that you support whoever is playing your biggest rival (ie. duck Mexico?).

Then again, we only have two rivals and only legitimate beef with one (Germany being a media driven, erghmaherd we won the Battle of Britain and 66 World Cup circlejerk, and Argentina...well, they can duck themselves with the rustiest pole they can find).

10. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

ENGLAND All the way.

I have no idea what I root for England but I do. It seems all the teams I root for never have a chance at winning? WTF?

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

No, but maybe make them shorter, or start them sooner during WC years, in order to give the players more than a couple days of rest. If the best players can't make it, the tournament will suffer.

Also, as a compromise, FIFA should make the qualifiers shorter. 18 games to qualify to a World Cup is insane.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

How are you going to shorten the seasons? Each team is playing each other, that makes 34 week in Germany i.e., plus it's not only the WC, it's the EC too. Not going to happen, that we gonna play a short season, every second year. Starting earlier isn't an option too. Players need a break in the summer.

Andy, I think the media hype for Germany, is bigger in the UK, than vice versa. We didn't hear much about the English team here. It's the UK media, that came up with all that Hitler/Nazi crap, everytime the teams play each other.

Stil lots of turmoil at Brasil, wonder how safe and quiet it will be during the WC? J.Lo canceled here gig at the opening ceremony today. Maybe it has something to do with this?

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

As much as the US and Mexico play and dislike each other, I still have roots of Mexican descent and that also why I root for Spain the mother land.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

15. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I completely agree, our media will grip at anything lazy to make a story...and inadvertently put an extra ton of pressure on the players whenever they play your lot (not that "extra pressure" makes a difference, we're still rotten). Was curious to get a German perspective, and am not shocked that you guys aren't bothered by the so called "rivalry". Just wish the media would watch you guys and the Dutch face off, then reassess the whole rivalry thing.

On that basis, I should go with my deep German roots...at least there would be some chance of success.

I'm gonna go ahead and question your sanity...it's bad enough supporting them as an Englishman, why would someone not English put themselves through that crap of underperforming prima-donna's and the corrupt bureaucracy that is the FA?

16. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I have no idea, I support teams that don't win I guess.

The Redskins, The Nets, The Ducks (not that bad NCAA Ducks), Capitals, oh god the list gets worse

TJ likes this.
  17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Well, of course there is some rivalry between England and Germany, but it cooled down a lot over the last decades (even if the Wembly goal is sitll in our mind :D), but as you already wrote, our biggest rivalry are the Dutch, no matter what sport we're talking about. Overall, all those rivalries ain't a huge thing anymore, like 20 years back when it came to turmoils everytime national teams met. The whole fan culture has changed, hooligans are not a big factor anymore, since the Ultras took over the stands. Guess the two reasons, that lead to this, are the french cop, that almost got killed by those (German) assholes, calling themselfs a football fan and that Europe is getting closer together over the last 20 years.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Germans are the wurst.

I think American football needs some good hooligan support gangs.

Omen likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The day has finally arrived!! Brazil vs. Croacia today at 4 PM ET. Who you got? I hope Brazil wins by at least 2 goals.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i hate soccer and will be glad when it quits coming on cause it interupts the daily nfl shows on espn.
    [​IMG]