The Official Brazil 2014 World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TJ, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I understand that but what was their outlook going into this world cup? Reigning champs doesn't mean anything about this team.

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Semi finals should have been, there minimum goal. Spain is one of the more constant teams here in Europe, but have an absolute letdown this time

Steve12 likes this.
  3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

And Chile send Spain home :D

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

For the past 6 years, Spain was the best team in the world. Two time European champions, and World Champions in 2010. Time has caught up with them.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Croatia is absolutely murdering Cameroon. Suddenly, I'm not so sure about our chances against them anymore...

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Been an awesome World Cup so far.

7. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Tiki Taka is officially dead.. I don't think it can exist anymore

I predicted that Spain would lose in the 2nd round, not the group stages.

8. LebaneseFF

Algeria had 1 shot on goal. (the damn penalty) They played defense the entire game. if that was their game plan. then sure they achieved it.

But Yeah Honduras was TERRIBLE!

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Tiki Taka at Barca has been exposed the last two seasons, so it was an inevitability that it was going to draw to a close on the international stage...just not this early. The system was reliant on the superior technical quality over the opposition, and we all know that it doesn't last forever.

Also, England could be out of the World Cup tonight and in legitimate danger of a zero pointer. Even with Uruguay falling apart, the England set up has nothing but an embarrassment so far with the handling of Wayne Rooney.

10. LebaneseFF

Well if England loses I will be pissed. I don't think we will. Uruguay is missing two key defenders (one to red card, and one to injury) and although Suarez might be back I still don't see much fight in that team. not the same team tat played 4 years ago.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

beyond the 1st game yes

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Good bye Englishmen!!!

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, not yet, but they need a miracle to stay alive. What a game by Uruguay, which makes Costa Rica's victory even bigger now.

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Chances are more than slim

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, they pretty much need to destroy Costa Rica by at least 3 goals, and hope Italy does the same to Uruguay, as long as Italy beats Costa Rica tomorrow. Lots of combinations needed...

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Yep, if Costa Rica and Italy end up with a draw, England would be done. A winner would be in the next round and the loser had to fight for it in game 3. CR is playing England and Italy vs Uruquay

17. andy82

We're done. Our media have convinced themselves that all we lack is a pure finisher, when the reality is that we lack all round technical talent, have crapty holding midfielders, attackers whom are routinely played out of position, we enable Glen Johnson and Danny Welbeck to be international footballers, have no attacking movement, the mental toughness of a Frenchman in battle, a spineless manager and a corrupt football association.

When the USA look a better outfit...you know you're ducked.

ollysj likes this.
  18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

At least, you had a brighter past ;)
    England will rise again, it's only a bad decade for you

19. andy82

We will only rise again if there is a revolution throughout the whole football structure in the country, otherwise we will only continue to spin our wheels.

I spose it's time for me to do an Omen and dig through my ancestry for secondary teams...so I guess its time for me to join you Olly on the Krautrain. One question though, to be a true member, do I need to pledge allegiance to a statue of Franz Beckenbauer or David Hasselhoff?

Omen and ollysj like this.
  20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Both of them :D

andy82 likes this.