The Official Dallas Cowboys Thread

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Omen, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Choice for Finnegan would be epic trade rape

2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Holy crap that would be awesome. :beer:

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

"The Dallas Morning News confirms that Kevin Ogletree is in a battle with Dwayne Harris for the No. 3 wideout job." link

What do you guys make of the battle for the #3 WR Spot between Ogletree and Harris?

I don't know if it says more about Dwayne Harris' ability or Ogletree's inability to lock up a spot that should clearly be his considering he's got a few years under his belt and has shown flashes. Either way I don't think we can go wrong. However, whoever is #4 won't see a lot of targets. I llike what Dwayne Harris has to offer if he keeps performing in the preseason than there's no reason why he shouldn't be slotted into the #3 spot.

4. Agent Zero

Larry Allen, Drew Pearson and Charles Haley are now in the ring of Honor.. Good for them.. I love the idea of Pearson and Allen.. But on the fence with Haley. He was only here for a handful of years..

5. Agent Zero

Mark my words.. It will be Ogletree... Remember Wayne Magarity(sp)? He was a beast in preseason..(but stunk it up during the regular season) I think Harris will be just like that. I really think this is Ogletree's time to shine. my .02

6. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

i'd rather pick a fa veteran (housh or t.o...yes i said t.o.) then either tbh

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

For those who didn't hear the news, K David Buehler has a hip strain, and will not play in Sunday night's game against the Chargers. He is listed as being out indefinitely.

8. RichLikeWh0a

Am I the only one that thinks we should REALLY pursue Kelvin Hayden?

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Our kicking situation is such a mess. *sigh*

I don't know how all the DB's have looked in camp but yeah we could definitely use a bit of his experience back there, plus he's still in his 20's and he could probably play in the nickel spot for Scandrick at some point. We could get Hayden on the cheap, it really wouldn't hurt. Anyone know if AOA is ready to see significant playing time at CB or S? lol

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Dint tjink AoA is ready maybe after couple more preseason game we will know.. But after the bronco id say noy at safety... I alao think Harris will beat out Ogle... Ogle should be miles ahead of the youngsters. But isn't

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

11. RichLikeWh0a

I don't want Ogletree in our slot by any means. And honestly I think we need to pick up a veteran WR like Housh or T.O. to play slot like I said if for no other reason than if Dez or Miles get hurt.. we're hecked. And Dez obviously was injured quite a bit his rookie season so who knows, maybe he is injury prone? Fact is, we need to do some signing before it's too late. Hayden is an obvious signing and Housh should come cheap in my honest opinion. Dunno, just my line of thinking.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

But you know Houshmanzadeh thinks he's worth a lot more than he is. Do you think the Cowboys would go to T.O. again?

13. RichLikeWh0a

Do I honestly think that? No, not at all. Do I want that? Yes, I do. Whole-heartedly. I never wanted him to leave. And I think bringing him back now would be a good move. A 1-2 year deal and he can retire a Cowboy. That's what I think should happen. Will it? Not a chance. Unless he's still available and Dez or Miles gets hurt, then it very well could happen.

Housh is a cocksucker but he's still a FA for a reason, so one would think he'd take whatever he can get.

14. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Wide Receiver wise - I loved what I seen of Dwayne Harris. I'm riding him high into the sunset already, but what happens when we play the Chargers and he don't do anything? Then he's a one game wonder. I would love to see him ball hard though, and win the spot, and prove he has what it takes, and be an explosive slot WR, like he showed the ability to have in the first preseason game.

Running Backs - They say we're keeping 3 backs, and Felix and Demarco Murray are obviously being kept. Why Tashard Choice is on such a short leash right now, is beyond me. Last year we were about to trade him for Cromartie, which we desperately needed, and never pulled the trigger. Tashard is the most reliable back we've had when it comes to not being injured in the regular season, and taking care of the football. [The Redskins fumble, week 1 was not his fault. We should of kneeled and went to half]. However Lonyae Miller freaking blew nuts against a very sleezy Broncos rush D, and the kid behind him Phillip Tanner showed bursts of speed, and big play ability. Why no one is talking about him, is beyond me.

Tight Ends - We're loaded. That's all there is to it. Marty B Could fall of the face of the earth right now for being a Diva and he wouldn't be missed.

Defensive backfield. - Abram Elam bored me, but didn't do anything wrong? Sensabaugh had a blown coverage early in the game, but everyone makes a mistake, and its better to be able to slip up now and fix it before the regular season. Safety wise, I'd appreciate us at least trying out other people, there's this one guy out there who's name was being talked about around Dallas that I think would be a HUGE upgrade from what we got.. uhm, Darren Sharper? Anywho.. Our Cornerbacks, I love the 1st two. Newman and Jenkins, if healthy, I'm satisfied with. Scandrick at 3? I don't like so much, I think McCann can step up and be that, I wished AOA Would become an overnight sensation and be a beast.. but that's really unlikely. A Signing here for depth, like Rich said, Kelvin Hayden, would be great. I don't see how Jerry brings up we had enough money to pay Nnaamdi, but yet we can't sign anyone else?

Oline - We'll see as the season goes by, I liked the talk in bringing in Waters, I haven't heard anything else from that. Depth is always needed.

Dline - It looked good, but we could be so much better.

Linebackers - I wouldn't change them for the world, especially if Victor Butler plays like he did vs Denver.

QB? We don't throw 3 interceptions in the preseason.

15. Omen

Imo it woukd be a mistke to trade choice whyvso many fans duslike him is beyond me. Nothing against Felix buy dude gets hurt alot and we haven't seen Murray yet. Miller and Tanner need to show more before making the team.

If Marty B left we would miss him dearly he one of the best blocking TE ouy their. And he catches alot of balls for a second string TE. And having to conpete witj Miles and dez for catches aint easy. J Philips would be as productive in Blocking amd such. Marty does what Garrett has asked him to. Problem is a that the Cowboys have been spoiled by Witten.

16. ragman

If he's that good, why isn't he playing for someone now?

17. ragman

Haley deserves it. He got 3 SB rings with the Cowboys. His signing with the Cowboys in the 90s helped swing the balance of power from the Niners to the Cowboys.

18. Omen

I think Woodson ahould have gone in to ROH first before Haley ... Dallas still hasnt found his replacement

Dont. Get me. Wrong i think. Ahould. Be there

19. RichLikeWh0a

Did I say he was the best cornerback ever? No? Didn't think so. But we need depth, we need talent. He's solid and would be solid depth. So yes, I do think we should sign him. Only reason he was cut from Colts was him being a cap casualty. Simply put, he's depth. We need depth. It only makes sense.

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im not a huge fan of Ogletree, I think he is a serviceable sub package WR but thats about it. Harris to me is born to be a slot, I really want to see him nail down the spot. I dont have high expectaions for him this year, and I think RIGHT NOW the #3 WR spot is a spot of weakness, but long term Harris could be a very dangerous slot here

Its also worth noting that 2007 was statisticly our best offense ever, and Sam Hurd was the #3 all season long, and only caught 19 pass's. So having a lights out slot is not an absolute must