The Official Dallas Cowboys Thread

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Omen, Sep 6, 2007.

1. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Romo the new Danny White

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And Wade, the new Shottenheimer...

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Do you guys remember when we signed Akin Ayodele? I thought he was going to be a stud... Must've been out to lunch. What a disappointment he's been. Hey fellas?

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

we got him from the jags right i think james has over shadowed him

who do you guys think we should get in the draft or try and get ive heard limus sweed on on newspaper

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

We got him in Jacksonville, it's not that he hasn't been a stud, just.. I feel we got a lot of ball hawks on defense, wherever the ball is [unless it's thrown over our heads] we got people surrounding the football. DWare and Roy had nearly 200 combined tackles this season, so thats 4-5 games worth of tackles right there.. Then you think about the way Chris Canty played, and Ratliff on the line, You bring in Bradie James, and Ken Hamlin, Anthony Henry, Terrence Newman and Greg Ellis.. lol.. someone has to be the odd man out in tackles, or big plays. So I don't think it's Akin's fault, he has talent, and ability.. if the coaches didn't think so, they wouldn't have got his brother on the roster for that short time, until Tank was able to play for us. Remi Ayodele, even scored a TD for us this season, or FF and someone else scored the TD, i don't remember which.. had Akin not been in Dallas, Remi probably would've never even had a chance.

I don't see us getting a WR in the first round.. First and foremost, it's CB all the way. I'd say either Antoine Cason, Aqib Talib or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie with our first, 1st rounder. And We won't have Julius anymore more then likely.. so We probably gonna go running back, someone with speed, thats quick and can make moves, to be a change of pace to what Marion is for us.. Maybe Felix Jones, since he's the other Arkansas kid, Jonathan Stewart, or possibly Steve Slaton, though I don't want Slaton, nor do I think he's a 1st rounder. But he does have a lot of speed, and quick moves.

6. Omen

some "experts " see limus dropping to the second round but me thinks the boys nned a cb a rb if JJ leaves and a WR

7. Omen

hey what do you guys think of the boys making a run at d Hall from the falcons

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I totally think he's overrated. He gets beat for big plays a lot.

9. Omen

agreed i rather draft a good cb and hope developes

10. Inclulbus

yeah, I remember two seasons ago.. T.O Spit in his face, and ran by him for a TD....

haha..

Oh, He spit in his face afterwards? lol.

11. Omen

yup i was at that game......

just read that Jerry has seeked and gotten permision to speek contract numbers with hall

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

My boys mock... Im all over Anthony Alridge, heck drafting a RB on the first day we already have a top RB in Barber. Alridge is this years Ahmad Bradshaw, whom I called last season.

Cowboys 08 Draft

1st CB Mike Jenkins, South Florida
    1st WR James Hardy, Indiana
    2nd DT Red Bryant, Texas A&M
    3rd S Marcus Griffin, Texas
    4th OG Chris McDuffie, Clemson
    5th WR Adrian Arrington, Michigan
    6th RB Anthony Alridge, Houston
    7th DE Bryan Smith, McNeese St.

P.S. Cowboys going to make a big splash in free agency, you heard it here first :).

13. Inclulbus

uh, actually we don't have a solid RB in Marion barber... because he's a RFA, and we haven't got him a contract yet. so until then, we have no RB on the active roster as of right now.

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Who are you again? comment on something relevant... Or dont comment at all. Barber is a Cowboy and is a Top RB. To think otherwise would be foolish.

15. Inclulbus

Yeah, Well.. I've seen a lot more stuff happen more messed up then Barber getting signed by another team. As you said, he's a top RB, giving up a 1st and a 3rd should be no problem for a team without a RB. Especially one who has a late draft pick. Don't get mad, because I bring truth to my post. You might want to re-work your mock too, considering the fact we just extended Jay Ratliff's contract, and we have Tank Johnson at DT, there's no reason to take a DT in the 2nd round, and not have a backup for Marion, once we finally do get him signed, and try for a Sleeper pick, instead of going with a top RB coming out of school.

16. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

tell your boy to get off mine!

Hardy is going to be a NINER!

17. Omen

what do you dudes hhink of getting dunn in dallas

18. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Anybody have any thoughts on your aquisition of FB Cruz last year right after you lost your playoff game? ( sorry, had to mention the loss lol)

He's a local kid from my area which is very rare..... I lift with a couple of his friends that played HS ball and such with him....

It sucks having to like a cowboy lol....

19. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

Can't do anyone any harm TBH. Veteran leadership for Barber, and who ever else young that we will hopefully sign/draft etc.

20. Inclulbus

i'd like getting him, he's still pretty quick, so it's definitely a change of pace back, and with him, we wouldnt nessacarily have to draft a RB with one of the first picks, could always wait till 2nd/3rd round, and get a guy like steve slaton, who will prolly still be on the board around then.