The Official Jets Thread!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TDJets72027, Sep 7, 2007.

1. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I was going to use the Colts/Pats playoff example from last year,but everytime I think about that game my balls hurt.

2. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Since I didn't actually watch the game yesterday (more interested in, well, NOT trying to watch it)... how did Clemens look? Jets fans have made it no secret that they wanted him over Chode Pennyrod since preseason, and while the stats didn't blow anyone away, he still had them in a position to tie the game late against a top defense.

3. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Clet, even though he got pressured and pounded by the Ravens D all night, he had a pretty good game. He can actually throw long passes, unlike Chad Pennington, and if it weren't for McCareins, we would have tied the game.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Wow....5 pages of a Jets thread....who would have thought it..

5. TDJets72027

I guess the Jets are popular in this site. I don't know. :/

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

7. NJeMKay

NJeMKay Starter

[​IMG]

don't heck with thomas jones

8. TDJets72027

Poor Dolphins player:icon_cheesygrin:

9. TDJets72027

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071006/SPORTS01/710060410/1011

10. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

awesome fullback blocking logic...hit guy, guy falls down...

11. TDJets72027

2008 New York Jets Thread

Here we go, Ready to start the 2008 season with a BANG!

12. TDJets72027

http://www.nylandingstrip.com/story/2008/2/6/74322/43769

Suggs would be awesome to have:icon_cool:

13. TDJets72027

I'm ready for the 2008 season to start with a bang!

14. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Is that when Fire Marshall Bill (whatever that yutz with the helmet calls himself) caps himself after having to deal with one-too-many overly-mouthy Giants fans that remind him their team has won three Super Bowls (and been to another) since his team last won their ONE?

And unfortunately for the Jets, they aren't getting Suggs. Ozzie Newsome said that he's getting the Franchise tag if they can't reach a long-term deal before the 21st.

15. TDJets72027

Didn't receive crap from G-men fans in real life:icon_cheesygrin:

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

6 Pages in the Jets thread?!?

How's that happen?!?

:icon_wink:

17. TDJets72027

Because of me

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_lol:

Good Job!!

19. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

Really hope we do make a big impact this off-season. We have the cap room so hopefully we can be a big player in free agency. I'm not so sure about Asante quite simplye because of:
    1) The amount of money he will be looking for.
    2) We already have a damn good CB in Revis.

The positions we need to address primarily IMO are on the lines more specifically LG, RT and on defence NT. It has been a long time since I've seen a Jets team that has been able to dominate teams up front either on offence or defence. Games are won and lost in the trenches and I hope we bring in some real talent in these areas (and not plug-ins/backups like Kimo or Jones)

Some players I'd like to see the Jets go after are:

Shaun Rogers (not a FA but may leave Detroit, could be aqquired by trade) - would provide that huge body in the heart of our 3-4 D which we have needed so desperately

D.J Hackett - Has shown a lot of potential in Seattle when healthy, would give us a great recieving core (presuming Coles stays which after recent outbursts I'm a bit unsure of)

Stacey Andrews or Ryan Lilja - We need a LG, badly!! Either of these 2 would be huge upgrades. Faneca could be an option but may be a too expensive to be worth it.

Clark Haggans - Veteran of the 3-4 scheme and would be a great upgrade in our LB core. Is very underated IMO in that Pittsburgh D and I think he would really improve our front 7 which already has a young stud to build around in Harris.

They are just some players who I'd like to think we'd look at, all of which I believe would help the team.

I'm not sure who I really fancy for the Jets in this draft TBH. The popular opinion seems to be Gholston, but I really haven't been too impressed by what I've seen from him in OSU games. He dissapears too often for my liking. Obviously the comine will have a big impact in what happens but right now I wouldn't mind us trying to trade down and aqquire someone like Quinton Groves or Derrick Harvey, both of which I think could be even better prospects than Gholston. If somehow Chris Long is available at 6, I think we definetly take him.

20. TDJets72027

What a great offseason!:icon_cool: