The Official Jets Thread!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TDJets72027, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

2008 Jets = 2007 49ers.

Just one man's opinion.

2. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Haha, not really :)

3. Cletusaurus

ok, tell me how then!

2006 Niners went out and made the big splash, getting Nate Clements. They spent money upon money and what happened in 07? Crashed back down to earth after being propped up as a prohibitive "favorite" in a weak division.

2007 Jets have now gone out and spent money, brought in players, made trades, etc. etc. (I'd love to see their cap number now) in order to try and make moves in a division that, outside of the Patriots, is NOT all that strong. Now, granted, what's going to happen this season is still 6 months away, but can you sit here and tell me with a non-homered straight face that this team has made the moves necessary to overtake not just the Patriots, but the Bills (a team that really showed something last year)?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

The problem I have with the Jets moves is, while they all are pretty good signings, this team doesn't have a QB that has proven to win or play above average for that matter. They are for argument sake a team in rebuilding.

Paying Faneca $8M a year (while he is worth it and money well spent for another team) is kind of dumb if they aren't ready to win now. Do they have a QB on their roster that can win 10-12 games? I don't think that they do...two years from now, they may, but will Faneca still be worth $8M? D'Brick isn't coming along as well as they expected...he'd be considered great progress as a third round pick, but this guy was a first rounder right?

I think they are spending too much too early...

5. TDJets72027

We can overtake the Bills, but IDK about the Pats

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree. If they had a QB and another WR...I may say you could compete with the Pats, but probably not overtake them yet...

7. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

Chad Pennington has gotten the team to the PO's 3 times, how is he unproven when it comes to winning games. I'm not even sure if he should start but to say he's unproven in that field is pretty ridiculous.

8. Cletusaurus

No it's not. How many times did he play a full season to get his team to the playoffs?

Answer: ONCE, in 2006. And then he promptly got the hell beat out of him in New England. 2002 and 2004, he missed games. The guy has played a full season ONE TIME. He's fragile, and 02 was the one good season he's ever had. So yes, he still has not proven himself.

9. 5x49ers

5x49ers Starter

j-e-t-s jets jets jets

10. TDJets72027

YEAAAAAAAAAAH!

11. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

HE isnt unproven but the has a noodle for a arm, but i do see the jets next season in the hunt for a playoff spot.

12. Cletusaurus

I'm just happy that no one has attempted a counterpoint to what I said. :dunno:

And TDJ, don't get too excited over some halfwit noob being able to spell.

13. TDJets72027

Alright clet:icon_cheesygrin:

14. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

I'd agree with that i like the bills we beat them but they were looking good last season,but i will say this no one in that division will touch your pats next year.

15. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

He's proven that when he's healthy he wins games. I admit that he is injury prone but QB's starting 16 games per year is becoming rare outside of NE, Indy and Green Bay (who will be tested big time without Favre).

He's missed games yes, but still led us to the playoffs. 2002 he didn't 'miss' games he just wasn't the starter from week 1.

16. TDJets72027

Coles holds out!:icon_sad:

http://nyj.scout.com/2/739824.html

http://www.jetscentral.com/?p=1163

17. TDJets72027

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/27/chad-penningtons-fishing-trip-gone-wrong/

18. Jets Offseason

Even though Im a dolphins fan im curious about what people think about the Jets offseason. I may be a little Bias but I don't think they really got that much better. They got Alan Fanaca an excellent OL that probably has about one good year left, they extremly overpaid LB Calvin Pace giving him Lance Briggs money for an unproven LB, they got DL Kris Jenkins who is on probably the last 2 years of this career and is not playing at a level near what he use to. I just don't see how they got a lot better. Maybe for next season but with the age they signed they will be in the same postion in 2 years anyway. What do you guys think?

19. dolphinsfan

dolphinsfan Suffering fins fan!!

i think there off season as been ok so far but there biggest question mark surely as to be qb, pennington is so injured and i just dont think he can cut it in new york anymore so time for the younger qb to take over and seee what he can do

20. TDJets72027

The biggest question is a QB definitely.