The Official NY Giants Team Thread

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by SeanTaylor21, Apr 14, 2008.

1. O'Hara was the leading vote getter at the position in the conference. O'Hara got in this year because of reputation since he made it in the last two years. He won't have a hard time now making it every year. But he is one of the elite centers in the league when healthy.

Logan Mankins got in in the AFC and only played 8 games but that was because he held out. O'Hara was injured. But I'm happy Shaun is going to the Bowl again. :peace:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He only played in 5 games and his team collapsed in an epic fashion in 2/5. Not saying that's all on him but he owns a piece of it. Even if he had been great he only played in 5 freaking games!!!!! More proof that the PB is a joke. There is at least 1 center more deserving of the spot on every other team in the NFC.

3. I understand your stance and I was initially surprised myself when the votes were released and O'Hara had the most votes at the position in the NFC.

I actually thought Rich Seubert would get the nod at Center since he held it down pretty well in O'Hara's and the Giants' running game was fantastic during that span.

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Good point. There is at least 1 center more deserving of the award on EVERY team in the NFC including his own.

I will give O'hara one thing. He will always have a spot on my wall as he was the player on the season tickets for the Miracle at the New Meadowlands game.

5. Justin Tuck and Antrel Rolle were elected on the defense. Really surprised Osi didn't get the nod.....but there were a lot of Pro Bowl worthy DE's this year.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

IMO Tuck is a no brainer, Rolle is a little bit of a reach, and Osi is a snub.

7. What pisses me off is that Justin Smith, a 3-4 DE, got in over Osi.

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

9. Trey Wingo: Twitter.com

10. Michael Boley with the pick-six on Clausen!

56 yards and the G-Men lead 7-0.

11. JPP with the sack.......:icon_cool:

12. Pierre-Paul with another sack......he's been all over the field tonight.

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Starting next week we're gonna make game day threads. I noticed a lot of people are commenting on the games in the team threads. Nothing wrong with that jus want to stream line it more.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bgmcRcImhM]Ace Ventura - Half Time - YouTube[/ame]

15. Steve Smith: Facebook

16. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

IMO, Giants are going to be a 9-7 team, possibly 10-6. They have unproven depth at WR outside of Nicks and Manningham. Beckum is not the answer at TE, Aaron Ross at CB scares me because of how soft he is (injury prone) and hoping that somehow the Prince can be effective for this team this year. Goff is solid at MLB but the OLBs on this team are suspect. The LB crew as a whole got picked apart by teams in the passing game. And special teams......what an abortion clinic that is.

Obviously im not Bullish on the Gmen this year. They have their work cutout for them, their second half schedule is absolutely hellish.

17. Jonathan Goff tore his ACL........

Kawika Mitchell will be re-signed. Another though blow......but this may give Greg Jones a chance to start Week 1.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Scary...