The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. He's doing it wrong.......

[​IMG]

2. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I need the season opener now!

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Or a $5 million incentive for certain performance goals? Either one I'm okay with.

Looks like Danny boy MIGHT be riding the pine soon.

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

sweet! Stay humble and keep working and he can gave that starting job back some day.....maybe

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYfQTwhvbwI&feature=player_embedded]1st and 10 discuss Michael Vick and the NFC East - YouTube[/ame]

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

the eagles are now $7mil under and thats before the hanson deal get calculated in which should bring it to $8mil. pay jackson. the money is there to do it.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

After LeSean...

:wink:

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Week 1 Thoughts
    -Vick wasn't great. But he did what he needed to do. His runs once again were a thing of beauty.
    -O-Line wasn't great, but they held their own. Liked what I saw, especially in the run game.
    -Shady is sick. Filthy. Running, catching, blitz pickup... the dude is elite.
    -DeSean had a nice game. Boy wants some monay.
    -Good pressure on Bradford. Liked it.
    -Run defense needs a LOT of work. I fear this is something we will just need to live with. Seems like the team is willing to let the opposition run so long as we eliminate their passing game with great pass rush and excellent coverage.
    -As stated above, secondary coverage was excellent. Nnamdi gave up a big one on the sideline and the PI call, but they played very good.
    -Kickers did their jobs well.

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

heck yea we won

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Oline played better as the game went on. Losing Tapp sucks, he was beasting it. Matthews still looks lost/overmatched at times, meanwhile Cardinals gave Bradley 25 million to be inactive on gameday. I remember slaughtering ATL last year and I am sure they do to. Vick going back to ATL. hmmmm

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

vick made the oline look a lot better than it was playing in pass protection. still got hit way too much. pretty laughable that your #1 pick didnt even dress.

lb's are brutal but it's to be expected under reid and its early so lets see how they make out over the next few weeks.

oh and yes, shady is freaking sick. 2nd most important player out there on offense IMO. boy has some skills.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Asomugha: Corner of the world | Philadelphia Daily News | 09/14/2011

Every spring, when he begins his footwork drills, he does so in a crouch that makes him 3 inches shorter. His thighs burn in March and April, but by June he again glides effortlessly. "No one knows the work that goes into making it look like that," Asomugha says. He has a 37-inch inseam that tapers to a 32-inch waist. "Every offseason, because of my 6-3 frame and long legs, I have to go above and beyond as far as drills to maintain quickness, to be able to drop." Samuel, for instance, drives a beautiful Porsche sedan. Asomugha has a 1997 Nissan Maxima. The driver's seat and the armrest are ripped, the tape deck does not work and he has driven it for 13 years, and it is his main means of transportation when he is home in Los Angeles. "He'll drive it until the wheels fall off," Chijioke says. Twice a week in the offseason he attends acting classes, sometimes alone, sometimes with 30 classmates, they open classes with a scream, or a spin, or a thousand other odd icebreakers. The classes work, Asomugha has been on four television shows, including "Friday Night Lights" and "Leverage."

Great read.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011
  15. smeags

smeags militant geek

this boy is working class

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

In a game that we were seemingly in control of even after the late collapse in the first half, we piss the win away.

Celek drop deep in the red zone. He hecked up earlier in the game, too.
    D giving up a ridiculous run to Turner to set up that score.
    Maclin drop to end the game.

What a freaking miserable way to end the game. I had the game written in as a loss before the season started and it still looks like we're in good shape, but this is just lousy.

Trent Cole played like a mad man.
    Jenkins had a fine game.
    Maclin killed it.
    Peters looked like a champ tonight.
    McCoy looked good as always.
    Asomugha was the real heckin' deal tonight.

I know TG is a HOF tight end, but Page and Chaney should be disgusted with their performances tonight.

Note: I heard the Eagles replay guys in the booth didn't have access to the film on the Vick INT. Now that's heckin' bush league, Not putting it on the jumbotron is one thing, but not giving the reply guys the film is some bullcrap.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

i saw the same issues that i have seen every year under reid.

that is all.

18. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Sometimes, teams to hear a different message given by a different person.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

not according to lurie & banner.