The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I found another quote:

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

If Im Roseman, Im hanging up on a DRC trade unless Jones say "Sean Lee"

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

see this is the issue, we can sit here and come up with all these grand ideas but it means exactly rod because none of us make the personnel decisions for the eagles.

hey lets steal steve smith from the giants while the team already has an excellent receiver corp instead of addressing the blantanly obvious weakness that is the LB position.

reid = square peg round hole master.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

A bunch of stuff to still snitch about here, but I'll focus on the positives...

-Shady McCoy once again carrying this offense. This man is a top 5 back, if not top 3 right now. Breaks off 10 yard gains like it's nothing. Solid pass blocker. Very good in the passing game.

-Somehow this offensive line put on a decent showing. No idea how. Justice played well for his first game back.

-Cut off massive running lanes that the wide 9 allows and look what happens! Very few rushing yards allowed, which forced the Skins to put the ball in the air.

What's that you say, we played a defense that catered to our defensive strength, the secondary? And we not only caused 4 interceptions, but won the game?

GET OUTTA HERE.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I just hate thinking about what this offense would look like in the red zone with Plaxico Burress instead of Steve Smith. And not to mention, Plaxico would have been cheaper.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I thought Herremans moving to LT was a huge part of that. He had some real nice blocks opening up space for Shady and Co.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

all i have to say is thankfully the eagles played the redaskins and sexy rexy.

that and mccoy may be reid's best draft pick since mcnabb. the boy is sick.

8. I heard the Eagles also made Steve Smith available at the trade deadline for a mid-round draft choice................

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And to reference the point above yours, I'd argue Herremans was right up there, too. Fourth round pick and he has been easily the best overall lineman we have had since Runyan/Thomas.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

todd is a solid player. not great but solid.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Great at LG. Solid at the other positions. I'd say he'd turn into just as good at the other positions if he got significant time at them.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

i just wouldn't label him great yet. key word being "yet". but there's no debate that he is the best o-lineman the eagles have and he is only going to get better.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I suppose I consider him great for being an Eagle. He's 'pretty good' if we're looking at a league standpoint.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, def great for the team. only going to get better. maybe these other young guys will pan out as well. happy enough not seeing the nick cole out there.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So uh... that's how you keep this train on the freaking track. Beat the crap out of one of your biggest enemies.

This man right here is ripping crap the heck up.

Week 8: LeSean McCoy Highlights

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Redskins, Cowboys...Eagles back on track and clawing their way to the top of the NFC East...

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

i give reid & company credit for listening to the fans.

18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

My problem with desean is his stats might be similar to what they were before but to get the kind of top money he wants with those stats he doesent deserve. Middle of the pack money i would be good with resign the guy for that. Lesean mccoy is gonna have to get signed soon i think thats a bigger priority deseans numbers can be replaced lesean is becoming a top RB.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

theres no money to re-sign jackson this season. gonna be interesting to see what the eagles do in the off-season.