The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That's pretty much the one thing I don't want them to do, get Tannehill.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

i like tannehill .... at #46.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If that's our second #2, then I'd be alright with it.

But let's be real. That won't happen.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's our first 2nd rounder, the other is #49. i said i'd take him with the 45th in the tennehill draft thread. no way do i take him at 15th.

way too big a jump that's being generated by what teams saw in shorts.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

A number of mock drafts I've seen have him going at #8 to the Phins.

6. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I don't care much for Tannerhill I rather they would simply go best player available with 3 picks either at DT/DE/S/WR/RB in that order and then use the 3rd for a LB

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

this is the draft to grab qb if the eagles like one thats there. you'd get at least one season behind vick to learn and then be ready to go.

again to me getting tannehill in the 2nd isnt a bad pick. i think he will be a system QB and the WCO fits him well.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Meh. Wouldn't hate it in the 2nd, but since he will be long gone, I like Cousins. Played consistent ball for a few seasons. Wouldn't mind that one bit.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i wouldnt mind cfreaking him too.

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

It's fine. We'll trade up and take an OL. No worries.

11. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I personally like Brockers cause that guy is just a run stopper and in the wide 9 we need a guy to help us solidify the D-line. He is a little raw but under Washburn i can easily see him being a force not only in the run but in the pass-rush.

12. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

The issue with that "like" is that there's NO WAY he slips past Carolina who have a giant hard on for him. I think he's a stud but there's lots of potential in this draft.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Never know, man

14. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I feel like punching myself for even thinking it... but I am warming up to the Tannehill talk. I'd MUCH prefer just about any of the other discussed options (any of the top DTs, Floyd, Barron, Kuechly, DeCastro, a top corner, etc), but if we took him at 15 or gave up a little to trade up (3rd and 4th?) a few spots to take him in the 1st, I'd be alright with it.

EDIT: I've already come to my senses. If there is no chance of getting Cox, Poe, or Barron, I think it would be a great idea to trade the pick away to a crapty team for their #1 next year. Put us in a position to draft my heartthrob next year.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I saw Domo predict us drafting Reiff. I forgot that no matter how many players I like, we rarely get one of them. I am trying to temper my enthusiasm and expect a boring/crapty pick.

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

love, love, LOVE the pick. Patterson and Jenkins are BIG dudes. Cox is a big dude who is also very athletic. I think that he'll actually have a pretty good career in Philly. Mr. Washburn, create some havoc. I'm SO excited for this season!!

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Babin
    Jenkins
    Cox
    Cole

Backed up with Tapp, Graham, Hunt, Patterson, Landri.

Very healthy d-line. Need Cox to be the player we expect him to be. Not some average occupy-one-blocker tackle like Bunk or even Patterson has a tendency to be.

Target now needs to be a larger linebacker or corner. Maybe even WR if the right guy is there.