The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

[​IMG]

:bowdown:

I don't know if I would compare Jackson to Freddie. Jackson has speed and could end up being another Devin Hester. I don't know if I would take any WR in the first round, but if we took one, I think I would prefer DeSean. I could see him making an impact immediately on ST, whereas a guy like Kelly probably wouldn't get much playing time.

With the talk about WR, I figured a few highlights of the top 3 (IMO) could help out

Malcolm Kelly:(love the song)

http://www.youtube.com/v/T9W7nTi4JFQ

Limas Sweed:

http://www.youtube.com/v/T9W7nTi4JFQ

DeSean Jackson:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQca0m1Pe4g

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

HUH???

3. burnout2oo7

Weird. I thought I just used url tags...:icon_confused:

I changed it so it shows links now, not much of a convenience, though.

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

This really should be a Freddie Mitchell free world but we can't always get what we want.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

so you would pass on gholston ? :icon_eek:

wow - there is no way the eagles would not take him if they use lito to move up. i don't see how the eagles are satisfied with howard, he'll be playing more DT than end anyway. clemons and abiamiri have shown nothing that would tell a head coach not to take gholston. the kid is beast.

you put him on the opposite side of cole and they instantly become one of the nastiest pass rushing duo's in the league and the eagles make a serious run at the super bowl because of it.

i just do not see the eagles moving up to take jackson and i wouldnt want them to. too small IMO, even hester has more height and 20 more pounds. i think they may be able to get a guy like devin thomas from msu in the 2nd round- out of the top 15 wr prospects only three logged better 40 times and all of them were smaller players. he could stretch defenses and he can return kicks/punts.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

If the Eagles move up to that 5 or 6 spot (they definitely have to jump New England) and IF Gholston is available there is NO WAY they don't take him...

Guys...they're busy on working a Marvin Harrison for Lito Sheppard deal...

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

i love harrison. my favorite wr in the game. just not sure he's going to be the same after that injury.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like Marvin too...but I think you're right smeagle...with his age and that injury. I don't know.

I actually work with his uncle in Philly.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's cool. i was so happy to see marvin get a ring. even my dad who is a north catholic grad was estatic.

so in other news - ESPN has bought out SR950 and i do not like the line-up one bit.

6a-9a - Mike and Mike in the morning
    9a-1p - Jody Mac
    1p-3p - Mike Tirico
    3p-7p - Mike Missanelli
    7p-11p - The Locker Room with Harry Mayes and Dan Schwartzman

f8ck missanelli - now both WIP & 950 have arrogant pr**ks hosting their afternoon drive.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm glad Jody Mac is staying.

11. burnout2oo7

I don't think we would have to move up to get him, but if we did, I agree that it's not worth it. I'd also rather address the lines or safety with our first pick. I just feel, if we're going to take a WR in the first round, it should be Jackson cause he can contribute immediately to ST.

As for Gholston, I would give up Lito in a heartbeat to take that guy. If Lito is still around come draft day, I'll be praying Gholston falls to number 7.

:lol:

Hell, I went to public school and even I hated those Roman Catholic pr**ks.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah but i miss out on him now. :icon_evil:

the line-up should've went like this.

mike&mike 6am-9am
    bradley & glenn foley 9am-1pm
    mike missanelli 1pm-3pm
    jody mac 3pm-7pm

i'd still rather have devin thomas over jackson. his 40time was 4.4 flat to jackson's 4.35. not much of a difference and it comes with a guy who is a couple inches taller and 46pounds heavier plus again, he was a very good return guy.

13. burnout2oo7

If he's around in the second or third, I'd like that pick. Jackson's one downside is his size. I think he has a better shot at becoming the next Devin Hester than the next Steve Smith.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

i think we may be able to get thomas in the 2nd. i worry about jackson's size, even hester is a bit taller and 20pounds heavier.i'll be interested to see how both fair in the nfl. i just think thomas may fly under the radar a bit and be there in the 2nd round.

15. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

Yeah I Agree with this Devin thomas is good,But the only reason Why i see him falling to us in round 2 is because many have called him a one-year wonder which is not the case, Yes he had one good season sure but you have to have great skill to put up Good numbers like he did, and with him having the 4.4 speed theres no way in hell we pass him up in round 2, Just because of his versatilty and size would be a great addition to the eagles WR core.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Devin Thomas will be available in round 2...I don't know how deep though.

The only problems I have with Thomas is that he was only productive one year at MSU, he's not a very good downfield blocker and he's too shifty after the catch. Tries to make too many silly moves that aren't necessary.

He's a good West Coast Receiving prospect and does get yards after the catch, but I think he'd get more without the dancing after the catch.

I've seen him compared to a young Robert Ferguson...

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

you have to remember that msu is not a place that usually airs it out. to put the numbers up he did in a tough defensive conference was impressive.

here's a little bio on him. shame he signed with rosenpuke.

he fits our needs. he'll get plenty of chances to touch the ball on this team both as a wideout and a return man.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

good point...

19. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

It would be nice if he is there in round 2 for us hes needed in philly in more ways than one.

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

His kick return abilities would be a huge help. You can never tell what Andy's going to do on draft day though. Always full of surprises.