The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm not sold that DeSean Jackson will be the first receiver to get drafted...

2. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

He won't be the first reciever to be drafted, I think the first reciever to be drafted will be limas sweeds.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would've said Kelly before that report about his knees came out. But now I'd agree with you. I'm thinking Jackson could go 3 or 4 in the WR department. A lot of the papers and magazines have him ranked #1, but with how the WR's were last year and the two in the Super Bowl (Burress and Moss) it seems to me like teams are looking for a bigger guy...Like a Kelly, Hardy or Sweed.

4. eaglesrule4ever

Hardy will probably be the steal of this draft if he falls into the second round that is for sure just his size alone makes him a great recieving target and from what i hear he is really sure-handed.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like him a lot. A lot of guys on this site are down on him...

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

i actually have hardy ranked right under devin thomas. i would be estatic to get either.

he has very good hands and running a 4.51 40 isn't bad for a guy at 6'5 and 217lbs.

7. eaglesrule4ever

Either one is fine with me as long as we can get one. I don't think mcnabb would be able to miss James hardy or Devin thomas they both have great size, Devin thomas Has More speed than james hardy so this conversation could go either way because both have great talents.

8. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

i always wondered why the team never brings in free agent o-linemen to at least interview and put through a workout

9. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Was Runyan the last good one they had come to Philly?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's the only "good" one. The signed Ian Allen and Steve Sciullo in 2004.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

there usually isn't a lot of talented free agent o-linemen to begin with. they did go after bentley remember.

12. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

that's right. i had forgotten about him. thank gawd that never happened.

that brings back the memory of the time they showed fraley up in the press box with his mouth stuffed with wings

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah thankfully the browns got bentley.

did we sign steve everett under reid ? the guy that got busted for pot ?

14. eaglesrule4ever

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

we need to try and make a trade with the jets for the #6 pick. they have spent a ton of money and i wonder if they would have the money to sign a guy at #6.

16. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

So who would you take at the 6 spot?

17. burnout2oo7

I would only want to move up into the top ten get Gholston. I'm not so sure he would be there at 6.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gholston is being compared to Mike Mamula...did you see the article SRW posted?

:icon_lol:

19. burnout2oo7

I did not, but I bet Gholston could get three times as many "Almosts" as Mamula.:icon_mrgreen:

20. 86WARD

86WARD -