The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

i have mixed emotions today. i like the Laws pick since the D-Line seriously needed an upgrade at depth and the reviews i had read said Laws was a very good player on a bad Notre Dame team last year.

As for the Jackson pick, i'm on the fence. I like the fact that they were able to kill 2 birds with one stone. And he provides an instant upgrade in the return game. as for him as a receiver, i don't know. i was holding out hope for Sweed or Hardy. His size scares me a bit, although i heard he gained weight.

They seem to get great value out of their later picks, so tomorrow should be another exciting day.

I hope we address:
    CB
    S
    OL
    WR (Why not? Make Baskett and Lewis earn their roster spots. Although I believe Lewis is done.)

I was very surprised that they had any interest in Lorenzo Booker. Anyone think Moats could be traded?

I expect more trades from the team tomorrow, especially with 9 picks. damn

And last, but not least, what the hell happened with any Lito trades? Trade for picks next year? Trade for a player this year?

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

don't forget about getting carolina's #1 from next year. That is huge as well

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The team is just building up ammunition. We have so much leverage.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I hope by jacksons second year he starts for us and plays special teams. Curtis and jackson would be great since there both fast receivers.

5. Greg Brosh

you're kidding right?

6. mike oxlong

dmac, this is baskett your talking about here, he doesn't read anything or really know anything about college players coming out. Don't pay too much attention

7. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I really like the Desean Jackson pick. Maybe he would have been risky at 19, but I think the middle of the second round is a reasonable place to take him, especially with Thomas off the board. At the least he upgrades our ST (which look much better after picking up Jackson and Booker yesterday) and who knows? Maybe he will pan out to be the next Steve Smith. I guess we'll see in preseason if he can take the hits at this level.

8. Greg Brosh

i'm listening to WIP in Philly and I really don't think a lot of Eagles fans have a clue about how the NFL, draft or team works. I really hope, as an Eagles fan, I don't get judged by some of these idiots.

Some dope called yesterday and was actually serious about the team trading McNabb AND Kolb to Baltimore.

9. DawkinsINT

That's hilarious. :icon_lol:

I'm really liking the draft coverage on PE.com. Merrill is telling some great stories.

He told one story how he almost didn't make it back to the booth to start the 3rd quarter of a Monday Night game. He ran and tripped when he entered the booth. He was saved from completely falling by a young blonde.

After the first break he asked Spadaro who it was that he interviewed at halftime. Spadaro told him it was a young actor from Delaware who is a huge Eagles fan. It turned out to be Ryan Phillipe, and the young blonde that saved him from falling was Reese Witherspoon.

Pretty cool. I'm now a bigger Ryan Phillipe fan. :buttrock:

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

...and everytime Panthers lose Eagles fans rejoice.

11. DawkinsINT

No joke there. Despite the Manning Jr thing, I've never really rooted against them. Next year, I want them to lose every game.

12. mike oxlong

I have relatives in north carolina who moved from philly and jersey, mainly because of being in the marines, but they are diehard Eagles fans and they are going to be rooting against the hometown team each week.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

so is andy going to trade both 1st round picks next year ?

kind of iffy on the draft picks, well, jackson with the 2nd pick wasn't bad considering thomas was gone already, to the skins. <puke> he'll definitely make an imediate impast this year and isn't that what we all wanted ? so i'm ok there.

i also like the safety quintin demps. keep an eye on him.

the rest of the picks i'm not sold on.

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

mee too i like demps i was hoping the boys would somehow steal him plus he is from my school

15. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

I like the jake ikegouna pick even though he is hurt, IF he wasnt hurt he would of had 1st round talent i also like trevor laws, it will give our defensive tackles. Desean jackson is a immediate upgrade at Kr/PR and a explosive reciever.

16. Greg Brosh

be careful with ikegouna. i heard he could face felony charges for stealing an X-Box

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

wait, xbox or xbox 360. there's a big difference.

if he stole a regular xbox he's not only a theif, he's stupid too.

18. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

On the bright side, if he can run from the po-po, he can keep up with Moss and Owens.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I think the eagles filled all the holes we had in the draft. I hope desean jackson returns kicks right away.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

You don't think there is a hole at the WR position?