The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

awesome move andy, way to sure up that roster.

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I may be in the minority, but I honestly would not be surprised if the Eagles lost to Detroit.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't think that you are in the minority. It certainly wouldn't shock me. Will James covering CJ? Trouble.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's the beginning of the end for this run guys. the window is shutting.

5. DawkinsINT

Agreed. I don't remember being less excited to watch an Eagles game than I am for Sunday. This team is depressing.

6. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

great point will james vs cj that is one huge disadvantage for the eagles i think cj will have a field day.

Oh yea i have been wondering about this guy kevin jones everytime i watch him play he doesnt do well and they are talkin about him so much is this guy anygood ?

7. DawkinsINT

Yeah, Kevin Jones hasn't been overly impressive yet. He might not play on Sunday. He missed the first two games for the Lions. I'm not worried about their running game. Their receivers and our banged up secondary scare me.

8. eaglesrule4ever

id have to agree with that one will james vs cj is a horrible mismatch but if we can somehow pull it off i say go ahead

9. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

Are we done yet?

10. DawkinsINT

What a fun game to watch that was. :buttrock:

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

great game vs. the lions.

12. Greg Brosh

I loved the game yesterday.

But can they please get rid of Kearse now? He's horrible.

13. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Hey Eagles fans,
    What's up with Reggie Brown? The guy has been invisible through 3 weeks. In a season where he was expected to step up into the next level of WRs he seems to have regressed. Last week when the team gets 500 yds of offense, Brown has 2 catches for 23 yds. Do you expect this pattern of behavior to continue or is his just starting slow?

14. Greg Brosh

It's funny because guys on the radio were saying McNabb has been purposely ignoring Brown for the stuff he said after the Washington game about how you couldn't blame him for the way McNabb played because he was open.

15. DawkinsINT

Reggie's been disappointing big time. McNabb seems to have lost some confidence in him because Brown's had many drops in preseason and now early in the season. He'll eventually get a lot more work, but exactly how much remains to be seen. I'm sure in certain games and match-ups he'll become McNabb's #1 target.

16. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

I think Reggie needs to get back to basics. Dawk's right--he really stunk it up in preseason, and so far this year. From not getting open to not holding the ball when he does, it doesn't foster that relationship with your QB that you want--that Curtis has now.

Reggie has to earn his way into the offense at this point. Curtis is clearly #1, and Avant might even be #2 in DMac's eyes right now. I'll have to check the writeups and see who actually was targeted more so far this season...

EDIT:
    Curtis has 30 targets, Brown 16, Avant 10. Also fyi--Westbrook 25, Tapeh 4, LJ Smith 7. Who's the focus of the offense now??

17. eaglesrule4ever

i think its bc hes no 1 reciever

18. DawkinsINT

Sal Pal & Jaws both said that Reggie's lack of looks in the last game was because he was getting covered with safety help and that the Lions weren't giving that respect to Curtis. I hope other teams follow their lead.

19. eaglesrule4ever

yea i hope so 2 that will be awesome for us

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i took brown in my fantasy league thinking his upside was worth it plus the fact that he is a 3rd year w/r. total bust right now.

i hope he gets it straight and i really hope mcnabb isn't overlooking him because of his comments.