The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Steve Smith, ugh. I would hate 'Lil' Tyson' on this team. I know Andy would love the talent, but I don't see any way we trade one problem away for another.

The game last night was decent. We came out blazing in the 4th. DeSean looked phenomenal. I could see us using him as a Wes Welker if he can take that many hits a game. Lito did what he does when he's on the field, Dawk laid a big blow to Muhsin, Kolb gave me hope for the future...

Hopefully Reggie is okay...

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I am really happy about what I am seeing from the Oline and Dline mostly. We are so deep at DT this year, finally

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I think they've given us optimism for the season with what they've shown so far. I'd like to see our return game be a bit better, but I think they will certainly be better than last year. I just expected more out of them. Once they get their final units down, it will improve I'm sure.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The cheerleaders looked so hot in the rain. Mmmm.

5. DawkinsINT

:qft:

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Can I get a HELL YEAH they did

7. DawkinsINT

[​IMG]

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

looking at the team so far in the pre-season;

offense

negatives - 8 possesions and only 1 td for the starting offense in the pre-season to a player that may not make the roster, lj smith has done nothing to prove he going to be a factor, reggie brown is a flat out bust and mcnabb has already dealt with a ton of pressure.

positives - desean jackson looks good, jean-giles looked ok in his starts, mcnabb looks to be back to form.

defense

negatives - once again gave up a first drive td to a good offense. injuries at the DE position. rush defense still looks a bit soft.

positives - looked good overall, ton of depth at the DT & CB positions, lb's look like they are only going to get better.

special teams

negatives - akers still missing field goals, return game still not good enough, pathetic play call on fake fg.

positives - still looking.

now i realize we are only going on week 3 of the pre-season and the eagles never show their full playbook, then again neither do any other teams but to this point this is how i think the team looks.

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

ST positives... We are getting down field and tackling pretty well on our kick offs/punts which have been pretty good. Room for improvement of course until we pin them on the 1 everytime but still that's a positive

Rush defense is hard to judge in preseason as JJ is using none of his brilliance yet
    OTW I'd say spot on assessment

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reid just said Curtis has a sports hernia and will need surgery
    WTF

10. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

That sucks. Our WR corps just got very thin. Joe Horn anybody?

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

did reid say we're ok there still though ?

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

They expect baskett and avant to step up. Spads say he sees no sign of interest in Horn

That was a joke right? It is Reid we are talking about

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

reid - hello ? mr bidwell ? about that wr boldin ....

14. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

So what does the depth chart look like now?

Brown
    Baskett
    Jackson
    Avant

That's the way I would go. Keep Jackson in the slot with his speed and let Baskett utilize his size as a starter.

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

lol Exactly!!! 1st and a third. Make the 3rd a conditional 2 as well if you have to but get it done

Good thought burnout except Brown is still out

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

that would be a disaster. reid needs to go get boldin. now.

sheppard and a 2nd rounder and a conditional pick.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Some moron just asked where is Todd Pinkston... Swear to god.... Spads laughed at him

Spads says he doesn't think Cards will trade Q for JUST picks and that even if Cards want Lito, he thinks the team is committed at least for this season to going with all three corners

18. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

i see the Curtis situation is already being discussed. I just found out about it. I feel sick.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Think Reid might finally run more then he throws?

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

that is flat out stupidity. you couldnt find a buyer all off-season and now that you might have a taker you wont make the move even when you'd be getting something very valuable in return ?