The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

HUGE game. HUGE!

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I can't wait to read all of the posts for this game.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

FYI - playoff tickets - paid in full.

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

FYI - Jealous. Extremely

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Observations from the Giants game.

I'm almost speechless of Vick. The guy is playing the most unbelievable football I have ever seen. His speed is just insane. He gets at full speed in two strides and just can not be caught from behind by anyone on any defense. His accuracy isn't the best on the run but he has throws that are on a string occasionally like the one to Avant when rolling to his left. He missed a couple of easy throws like the deep one to Mac and one to Celek early in the last drive, but I'll give it to him just being exhausted. He carried this team to victory in a BIG way. I hate to imagine where we would be if my homeboy KK had been given the starting job after his return.

Patterson needs to be carrying the pads of every player that contributed to our scoring streak. He was easily the biggest reason for the asskicking we received in the first half. I see the upside in the kid so it's a good thing he is taking his lumps while we still manage wins, but that was ridiculous. Eli avoided Samuel like the plague, which just goes to show how scared he is of him.

Chaney stepped up like a champ. Props to a damn fine game by the rook.

The whole defense played phenomenal against the run again. Phenomenal. History has pretty much shown that if the Giants get a running game going and take the game out of Eli's hands, they have a good chance of winning. Well done.

Sucks Nate is out. I really have been impressed with Coleman, but I think we will need to adjust and put him in few one on one situations. Course, same could be said for Patterson.

The people upstairs need to get the freaking info to Andy that he needs to get that red piece of laundry on the field faster than they are. There needs to be someone on the Eagles staff watching the game on tv to see the same damn replays I am, because somehow I and every other viewer in the country knew it would have got overturned.

Awesome awesome win. Now let's all just pray for a Chicago loss over the next two weeks.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Andy said his staff didn't get the replays. Giant's crapty new stadium doesn't reshow any close or questionable calls on jumbotrons which I was told was because of a hx of the fans getting violent when a call doesn't go the way they see it. Don't know if it's true but it's what a 20 plus year season ticket holder told me. Either way it's maddening. Andy definitely needs to make sure his staff can see those replays at all games. BBB seems to think it's common for home team to not give away teams access to replays. I don't know if that's true but if it is it's freaking weak.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It is true. Most home teams don't replay those unless the coach has already challenged it.

Like I said, I had a crapload of views watching Fox, they need to be more resourceful and flip on freaking cable or something.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

coaches booth's have a t.v. feed. i didnt hear reid's presser but mikey miss brought up that reid made mention of the fact that the "t.v." monitors in the eagles' coaching booth weren't working "for some reason" in his presser. giving the hint that the eagles do not believe it was simply a case of technical difficulties. ... you know what, i believe him and i love it too. just makes the outcome of the game even that much more enjoyable and helps fuel the fire of an already nasty rivalry.

but i still can't take blame from reid for not challenging that play, call a timeout. after all these years of piss poor game and time management i baffles me how at such a crucial time he did not get the extra time to look at the play.

on the defense, yeah can't deny that i am not taking some joy from the fact that this unit is stopping the run. something that hasn't alway been the case. too bad the pass & redzone defense is blah.

losing allen sucks, wondering how the defense will respond. will coleman step up ? thankfully i can't see the vikes letting webb air it out so that should help some.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

[​IMG]

Screw yes, friends. A year that we were completely ruled out, we take this snitch.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

gotta give the players a ton of credit. especially vick.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Not bad for a "rebuilding" year. 3rd youngest team in the NFL. I don't expect a trophy at season's end, but a few pieces on defense next season will make this team really dangerous.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

i want a real DT.

13. DawkinsINT

There wasn't one in your stocking either?

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

no and i am highly upset.

and people wonder why we boo santa ?

1 person likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

Ha ha...rep.

Side note: Are you working today?

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

yep, turnpike was good but the secondary roads in bucks were crap.

17. DawkinsINT

My work is off this week for Christmas break, but having over 2 feet of snow sucks. The Eagles being division champs makes shoveling easier. :)

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

yes it does sir. :icon_cool:

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

We have one. And sadly, we didn't even draft him but he is playing better than our 1st round picks.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

i still fail to see any sort of push up the middle by the d-line which is a big reason teams pass on the defense the way they do. dixon looks better than he is because of the utter crap the team has otherwise.