The Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread (2010)

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by smeags, Feb 23, 2010.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

3. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

Phillies sign Cliff Lee

5 years/100 million

Left 50 million on the table fromt he Yankees. Wanted 160 from Yanks, yanks held at 150. Phillies have to unload Ibanez and Blanton

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  4. DawkinsINT

Hell yeah! Wow!!! :buttrock:

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

looks official......

HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best rotation in baseball before the signing. NOW UNSTOPPABLE

6. DawkinsINT

I was thinking that way too, until a Giants fan said, "Phils sign Lee, yet another ace we beat in the playoffs".

7. mike oxlong

8. mike oxlong

9. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Him and the wife enjoyed their stay in Philly to the point of turning down millions more from the Yankees. I gurantee Lee never planned on playing in New York, and just used them to drive up his price on the market. You don't cuss out a guy's wife, spit on her, and expect them to come to New Year:icon_rolleyes: As I've said before, if Mama ain't happy, you'r hecked.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Domination.

Halladay - Lee - Hamels - Oswalt in whatever order you feel like throwing them...they should go undefeated...lol.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

They don't "have" to unload anybody...but Ibanez, Kendrick and Blanton's names have been thrown about. Also talking about eating some of Blanton's salary to get rid of him.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

freaking A. still need a right handed bat. i would assume the phils will def try to unload some salary and to me blanton is the logical move. i eman, i could be the 5th starter on this team.

13. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Blanton/Red Sox talks going on now. I really don't care who takes him, just take him.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ibanez though.

14. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Congrats on your new signing baseball fans... and since I have zero b-ball knowledge I would just like to add this...

[​IMG]

Isn't he rich or something? ...he's a better man than I.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

i heard the sox rumotr too. still don't understand why the red sox would have any interest in blanton.

16. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

...oh wait... I heard she was teh pregs int he first pick. Much better...

[​IMG]

17. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Congrats on signing Lee. I'm just very happy he's not going to NY.

I guess money isn't everything, because he could have gotten more in Texas or NY.

You should go where you're happiest.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

rags - please tell us all you go by the username "rangerfan32" on the rangers blog .... :icon_cheesygrin:

19. ragman

Nope. Never been to that Rangers blog.

20. ragman

Actually, I'm very happy that the Phillies signed him. Better he goes to Philly than NY any day.

BTW, have you seen the Yankees message boards today? They are not happy campers.