The Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread (2010)

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by smeags, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

A lot of morons I know are Yanks fans on my facebook... they are trying to play it off.

One guy wrote:
    Ya know what, the yanks just saved themselves a lot of cash in losing lee, besides he's aging and now with all the hype, might just not be worth his weight

Another:
    actually quite happy the Yankees didnt sign Cliff Lee

It's actually funny.

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I saw one in PSD saying that the signing of Lee may actually be a blessing in disguise.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

all the yanks fans saying anything to the effect that they are ok with lee signing with philly "for much less" is full of grease ridden crap.

4. ragman

Agreed. I don't believe them for one second.

5. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I don't either. It's a cover... they obviously can't be seen crying about it so they resort to bs

6. ragman

There a lot of whining on both sides about how Lee played both the Rangers and NY just to drive up the price. No, he didn't. He just signed where he would be happiest. I can't fault him for that.

Neither the Rangers or NY are virgins in the free agency market. They both know how things work. They both knew there was a chance that Lee would go someplace else.

Well, maybe NY didn't. They think it's their God-given right to have the most expensive players on their roster.

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

8. ragman

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

You can have Garza.

10. ragman

You sure about that? He pitched a no-hitter just last July.

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah I know. He's waaaaaay too inconsistent and he doesn't get along with any catchers we put behind the plate.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Phantastic Four! Still loving the "aftershock."

[​IMG]

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Ha ha...I love so many of the photoshops.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

33 - 34 - 35 - 44

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Too bad Oswalt can't change his number to 32 or 36 due to Lefty & Roberts numbers being retired.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would've been awesome...

17. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

19. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Im happy with R2C2. Ready to dominate!

If Lee hits 200 innings in 2015 or 400 combined in 2014-2015 then he gets 27.5 million in the 6th year putting the deal around 147.5 million, not that much less than the yankees, Phillies have a 12.5 million buyout option if he doesn't reach the vested stipulation.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

someone needs to photshop brian cashman's face on the wiseman peeping in the window.