The Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread (2010)

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by smeags, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Happy Halladays! Halladay beats Oswalt in the battle of the "Roys" to go 2-0 on the season.

Complete Game...the 50th of his career...

Halladay pitched a pretty good game today...got in a couple jams, but got right out of them. No walks all day and the Phils are off to their best start since 1993...

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Halladay showed why the Phillies pay him the big bucks. Oswalt was good, but Roy was better.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

If the Phils had a healthy Cliff Lee, they'd be undefeated right now!! :wink:

4. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

If only he was healthy... and on the Phils... ahhh that dream keeps repeating itself to me.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

:phillies:

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

team looks hot right now. how beneficial are these games right knowing how this team usually doesn't start off well.

some news:

Lidge's latest pounding in Florida? Just a spring thing, says Dubee | Philadelphia Daily News | 04/12/2010

almost time for the fork.

7. DawkinsINT

Yeah, I don't think we're ever going to see anything close to the 2008 Lidge ever again.

I said 'heck it' and left work early to catch the game. Go Phils! :buttrock:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

J-Roll was supposed to play today, but Castro starts instead. No word yet. I wonder if he was a bad boy.

Rollins couldn't play because of a right calf strain. Hurt it while working out while working out in the OF before the game. I hope it doesn't linger like it did with Dobbs last year.

After 3 innings of being no-hit by Marquis, the Phillies explode for 7 runs in the 4th & 5th innings.

Werth leaves with left hip soreness...hmm....

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good second half so far...

9. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I knew out Rollins not starting but I missed Werth coming out. I could only get so much on my Droid and don't have the volume turned up all the way while working to listen to the play by play. Damn it!

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

haaa, i scored a ticket late and went to the game. 18-0 now at CBP.

hamels just can't seem to get away from that one inning where he gets in trouble. 2-0 right now but an era north of 5 against the gnats ?

can't give up on him though. it's not easy to try and master two new pitches in one off-season. if he can get that cutter and the slider working he will be deadly again.

ryan howard has been working with barry bonds on his approach at the plate.

i for one love it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good effort smeagle!!

12. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

RIP HK

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

Rollins appears ticketed for disabled list | MLB.com: News

well we know castro will be playing SS but will he be the leadoff hitter or will chuck re-arange the line-up ?

14. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

He should move victorino up to lead off till rollins comes back...let castro hit th bottom of the lineup

15. DawkinsINT

Even though he hasn't performed well leading off in the past, I definitely would put Shane there over Castro or Polanco.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd put Shane up top...definitely...

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Well that nats made quick work of Kendrick. Not even 2 innings pitched and he threw over 50 pitches. eeeek.

18. DawkinsINT

What a crazy game so far. So disappointed in Kendrick.

19. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Blanton, get well soon!

Victorino is looking good lead off! & nice pick off by Durbin!

20. DawkinsINT

Despite his low average coming into the game, Shane was hitting the ball hard into bad luck.

Nat's announcer on the Victorino HR: "That's the Phillies first hit since the 3rd inning."

It was the 5th inning that Shane hit it in. :lol: