The Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread (2010)

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by smeags, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I know it was the 5th. He was hitting crap in the bottom of the lineup.

Utley another HR in this game

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I was making fun of the Nat's announcer saying that the Phillies hadn't had a hit since the 3rd.

Chase is on fire.

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Phillies by a touchdown. hehe gotta love it. The top half of their lineup, Victorino Polanco Utley and Howard are lighting it up. And Bastardo is a nice arm to have in the bullpen. But do you guys see him moving back into the rotation at all this year? Or at the very least make some spot starts?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Bastardo will make some spot starts here and there, pending injuries. And depending on how he does in the first couple will dictate if he continues or not. Seems like they have so many guys in their bullpen this season that could make the "spot starts." More so than in the past.

Their lineup is just sick right now...

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

bastardo is going to get some starts until blanton gets back if kendrick can't get his era below 15.

6. DawkinsINT

Utley with yet another HR to give the Phils a 1-0 lead. Top 3rd.

7. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Why can't we take the 3rd game of the series from them!?

8. DawkinsINT

Disappointing job by the pen. Hopefully today's loss will get the team focused for the Marlins.

9. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I'll be there Sun.. kind of scared to see what Cole does

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

hamels needs some time to work on these two new pitches and that's going to lead to some bumps in the road. a big thing that works in his favor is his velocity is getting to where it was in ' 08 which is huge because it helps him set up his change-up.

well, halladay is on the hill tonight. time to end cantu's streak. gonna be swithcing between this and the flyers all night.

11. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

nhl playoffs >>>> mlb regular season games in april :icon_cool:

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

oh yes i agree.

13. DawkinsINT

Yeah, my remote is going to get a workout tonight flipping back and forth.

14. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

THIS. :icon_cheesygrin:

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Halladay improves to 3-0!!!

16. DawkinsINT

The game got a little too close for comfort last night, but the W is all that matters. Hopefully Moyer can come through tonight.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

this team is in trouble pitching wise. big trouble. now happ has elbow issues ? and sorry, minor does not mean you need an MRI.

18. DawkinsINT

Hopefully Blanton's rehab start tonight goes well. They certainly need him back.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

absolutely. we aren't playing the nationals now. the phils are seeing much better pitching now. hearing they are talking to smoltz. not sure what he has left as far as a starter goes but maybe as a closer ?

if blanton gets back here and ptiches well and hamels continues to get back to form the starters will be much better off. long season but man the injury bug is really hurting us right now.

20. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I don't know if I can make it tonight... Gonna try to pump out some homework at work so I can make a few innings.