THE OFFICIAL RED WINGS THREAD

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by lionheart?, May 14, 2009.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

give me a break, they are not unbeatable and the pens wont be there by accident either. you just refuse to acknowledge them as a good team. the homerism gives me a headache

2. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

The Penguins are a good team my friend, I just think they lack the depth it will take to beat Detroit. The Red Wings havent played that great and are still beating good teams, that is where the confidence comes from. If they play like they can, I dont think Pittsburg can win (depth) if they play like they have been lately it will be a good 6 or 7 game series and I think the Wings will win. I am a homer but this has to do with TEAM talent and depth.

3. K Train

im not calling you a homer, weezy can crank out names all he wants but when it comes down to it the pens have the best record in the second half of the season when gonchar came back and have been dominating in the playoffs, malkin and crosby have been playing lights out. i think its a better matchup than you guys think.

4. lionheart?

I look forward to it.

5. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

9 out of 10 times the wings win in 5 this is hockey the pens have a chance but that chance is small

have you talked to a Shark fans or bruin fans lately

what you do in the season doesnt matter the playoffs are all that matters

and im not a homer its called confidence thats what happens when you ahve the best team in the league for 2 decades

btw its already over Cindy touched the Wales Trophy

6. lionheart?

Cindy says that she didnt touch it last year and they lost, so they wanted to change it up. I hate superstitions and dont believe them, I just hope the officiating is up to par, and by that I mean Consistancy. If this happens the Red Wings, I mean the best team will win.:icon_cheesygrin:

7. K Train

the pens would have kicked the crap out of the sharks and bruins, this is a better team than last year, much more poised and i dont care what you say, if you think they dont match up well with the wings you are in the minority

8. lionheart?

Half way in the first and this game is intense.

OZZIE, OZZIE, OZZIE........GO WINGS GO!

Damn Chellios is terrible, I hope he is gone after this year.

OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE........ WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLEARY SCORES.......1-0

Well its overtime and I dont like it. Anything can happen in hockey, bad bounce, ref call some dumb crap,etc. Chicago is taking it to us and not quiting.

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

blackhawks are heckin stupid, playing 5 on 5 in OT like they are down a man and penalty killing...

10. lionheart?

Whhhhooooooooooo Wings vs Pens. The wings looked like they were on the power play the whole overtime. Wow sweet hats I will be at Dunhams in the morning to get me one.

Wings didnt touch the trophy, rofl @ superstitions.

11. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

becareful what you wish for pens fans the blkhawks ducks and BJs all wanted to play us to

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's actually bad luck NOT to touch the trophy. Something to the effect of anytime a team has touched the trophy they have won...lol. They just had a thing on ESPN this morning about it...

Sidney was all over that Eastern COnference Trophy...lol...

13. K Train

if the wings come out and beat the pens asses, ill shut up, i just dont think its gonan happen like that. this pens team is way better than last years

14. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Wings didn't touch it last year either.

15. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

i hate this schedule playing a back 2 back in the playoffs

the league all but gave the pens a game in detroit and playing the 4 1st games in a 6 day period is bullcrap

the pens will win 1 in detroit becuase of that but if they some how dont the series is over in 5

16. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Oh well, nothing wrong with changing things up, lol.

17. K Train

so your saying the wings arent conditioned enough to handle that? im not sure how they give one to the pens, its not like they are giving the pens a day off. maybe they can just use there tremendous depth that every player is better than ever other player in the world to win the games

:icon_rolleyes:

18. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

it takes home ice adantage from the wings even if we had no injuries and if we had 10 days rest when you play a back2back its hard to win both games the turnover is just to quick

and vice versa if they were playing a back2back in pitt

i also find it funny that bettman decided to do this like a week ago when the finals were scheduled to start june 4th or 5th ish

19. lionheart?

Bettman is a freaking moron when it comes to hockey, easily the worst commish in all of sports. Back to back sucks and injuries suck, but im sure Babcock is probably telling his players, we cant control those things we can only control what we do, Babcock is a "No excuses" kind of guy and the best coach in hockey period. Wings in seven games, I think this will be an absolute war!

20. lionheart?