The Official San Francisco 49ers Thread

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by afjay, Aug 27, 2007.

1. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

After what Mike Nolan just did in costing us the draft again, he needs to be FIRED. 2009, NO MORE NOLAN! Fire Nolan!

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Do you guys really not like Nolan?

3. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

not so much lol

4. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

:dunce:
    Just because a game is a 'sell out', if you did a head count when the camera scans the audience, you see a sea of empty seats at Candlestick. Now how can having over 30,000 no shows a game qualify as a sellout? Please, enlighten me.

5. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I still trust him... at least for next season.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I didn't think fans had that much of a problem with him...

Learn something new everyday...

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

that wasn't my point at all capt. caveman.

you made a "darren" type statement that the niners are one of the very few teams that get all 8 home games on t.v. - that's inaccurate. the majority of teams do.

8. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

you have 20k tailgating..... There stadium sucks butt...if you aren't up close you might as well party outside and get a better view.

9. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

What about the Falcons, Raiders, Rams, Dolphins last year? They didn't have all 8 games on TV. Know why? Rules state you sell the game out. There should be another one that states you buy a ticket, you show up. No showing makes the team look bad and the no sell out policy foolish. It's like getting a baseball on TV with only 10,000 fans at a 50,000 stadium. :eek:hboy: I can go back to two years ago where the Dolphins and Raiders didn't have all 8 games from home.

Thanks for the Smeagle response, least your team never has fickle fans when your seasons take a dump and McNabb is on IR every year. :eek:hboy:

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

so darren, suddenly 29 teams having all 8 home games on t.v. equals, as you stated, very few.

brilliant !!!

11. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I'm curious about how you'd force people with tickets (season ticket holder/scalpers/etc.) to go to the stadium. :popcorn:

12. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I'm sorry DoubleC, but due to you ignoring me, I cannot respond to your post. :eek:hboy: My point is if a team claims to have sold their game out, but half the attendance shows up, I can't see how they actually sold the game out. I can understand a few no shows, but over 25,000 means the team has a problem.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

maybe because sold out mean all the tickets were sold.

i know that's a bit too logical for you but try and entertain me on this simple deduction.

ok ?

14. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Thanks to the others who quote you, genius, I always end up reading your prose.

15. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I agree, but I prefer a true legit sellout where the fan did show up. It's too bad teams can sneak around the blackout rule like this. They probably tinker with the revenue books too and add a few extra 0s for the park's take. If other teams like the Packers have no problems with this issue, neither should the 49ers or Raiders. It's like fans dont' give a heck anymore and that's sad. Buying a ticket and not showing up shouldn't even make anybody a fan.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

why does that take away from being a good fan ? it's actually a great way to send a message to your team. much better than acting like a mental patient on the internet, wouldn't you say ?

17. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

what's the big deal ?

19. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

just another sensible person not agreeing with the p**is.....

20. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Thanks, Beast. Too bad most of it is not true. See, I'm a 49ers fan, but the Chronicle hack writers are not. Smeagle, I'm surprised at you! Doesn't the Philly papers have a daily beatdown of McNabb's health and choking?