The Official San Francisco 49ers Thread

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by afjay, Aug 27, 2007.

1. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

If Alex Smith is brought back for a 5th year I'll personally go break his kneecaps...

2. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I dont know anything could get Martz back to HC status next year

3. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

turning alex smith into a pile of crap bigger than he already is....im sure the raiders will hire him..

4. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Reggie Smith 2007

I was baggin on this kid for being slow when we drafted him and then my buddy found this....

I'm very happy with our pick all of a sudden! lol

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTnKM1fGP6w[/MEDIA]

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I liked the Reggie Smith pick a lot...

6. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

what a boring butt draft...no groves..no connor..no wr worth mentioning...

and no qb...

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Come on...Reggie Smith!!!

8. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

we got the next coming of BY.....i'm good with it...

2 ol makes me happy as well

9. 49erstruebluefan

49erstruebluefan Rep Luvr

We got some good players so im happy overall with how the draft turned out for us. :icon_smile:

10. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

I would have loved to see us grab a big ILB but it certainly wasn't a big need. Moore has shown to be a very capable backer for us. I have no problems giving him another shot along side Willis. He's a hitter and a gap filler and thats what we need to free up Willis.

11. 49erstruebluefan

Yep Willis' second year he's gonna be unstoppable hopefully he'll be in the QB's face more than his mama was lol :icon_cheesygrin:

12. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

I'm not sure wer'e good enough to send him in blitzing when he is our only real true Linebacker capable of doing his job...sending him leaves a huge void ......I'd rather see Lawson and others apply the heat.

13. 49erstruebluefan

True I just want to see someone get in the QB's face this year. What im more concerned with though is our offense is Martz really going to make a difference? Do we have the right personell for him? Me personally we dont have that explosive WR yet that Martz loves Bruce will be mostly the good hands receiver to give Smith confidance in the pocket. You think we'll be able to pick up a WR that can be that explosive guy or will we struggle again getting points on the board?

14. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Personally I'm disappointed with what we drafted this year. I don't think we did a very good job, but hopefully what we drafted proves me wrong and they are sleepers. I guess we'll see.

15. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I'm hoping now that Lawson is back we'll see much better pass rush with him going in. We should have a decent to good line with a good rotation to keep it fresh.

16. 49erstruebluefan

The fact that the receiver and linebacker issues wasn't addressed really surprises me and us picking up a WR free agent thats decent is very unlikely so I have some concerns in that but like you stated lets hope these guys really come out strong and hope and prey we dont have another 5-11 season or worse.

17. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

You dont need an explosive guy with Martz IMO. You need guys that run precise routes and get down the timing. Running the routes and being ready for the ball at any point is crucial. Look back when Warner was killing people, The ball was thrown when the defender had his back to the qb so being covered wasn't really an issue. he can't defend what he can't see. l.(i'm talking about the quick hit hot routes) Jerry Rice made a killing at this as well.

Martz is a master of taking advantage of players slipping through zones and catching defenders in a bad spot.

So yeah, i do think we have that "explosive" guy.....Bruce. A pure product of a system we now have.

Of course having a guy with blazing speed is always a welcomed addition.

Like Barl says...I bet we go grab Takeo Spikes any day now.

I'm still hoping we go with a traditional dl with big bodied men allowing our lbs to swarm...

18. 49erstruebluefan

Is Smith like Warner? Warner was great at picking out the open receiver at just the right time Smith on the other hand likes to hold the ball too long allowing pressure to come and or the receiver to be already done with his route and out of position and or covered by the entire secondary leaving Smith nowhere to go. Yes Takeo Spikes would of course be an awesome addition to any team but especially ours with what he can do when he gets his hands on the ball.

19. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

who knows....but we do know what he was wasn't working, right? I'm thinking Hill has that quick read and react type of qb in him though. Smith might, we will see.

20. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Uhh... you sound alot like 49ergenius right now (seriously he has been spewing that sentiment like crazy at my other board). I really wish we had made a play for Connor or Doucet in the 3rd, and I'm not sold on Balmer. I worry he was a one year wonder, but Nolan knows D talent pretty well and the Mikes should get good production out of him so I hope. If he pans out well this could be a very good draft.

I don't really see that with Warner. He hasn't even played well with Boldin and Fitz to throw too and throws WAY too many pics, showing bad timing IMO

I really think moving back into the 3rd to pick up Connor would have been very smart on our part though