The Official San Francisco 49ers Thread

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by afjay, Aug 27, 2007.

1. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

So hows everyone feel about going up against the giants this week? I am concerned. I am going into this game with the notion that we will lose. This team has to prove me wrong from now on because Ive had high hopes and expectations and they havent been met.

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Well, Smith will likely play, Davis will also likely play so I've heard. I think our Defense will do well against the Giants offense, but if we don't do anything offensively, we might be in trouble.

I think we may all be concerned about this one. The offense has been horrible, nothing has gone right offensively. The O-Line's not blocking very well, our QB's are struggling, we do not have a rushing or passing game although our defense is actually pretty good. I'm hoping the Defense can cause some turnovers for points and that the offense can show us something good this week. We'll see.

3. rijj

rijj chook

i expect us to score a touchdown by interception before i expect the offense to score one. that's sad. our offense is sad. nolan needs to start putting on a dress because he coaches like a girl.

4. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Same here. I don't expect much from that game. The Giants DEs will eat Alex Smith alive and will have some Dilfer for dessert.

5. rijj

rijj chook

if nolan isn't our head coach next year, and this is all hypothetical, who would be a good candidate to carry on the torch?

6. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Steve Mariucci? :redface:

7. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

if we don't get the passing game going we will lose and lose big...however if smith or dilfer can complete some passes not allowing the g men to just crowd the line and swallow frank gore whole we could easily win this game.

8. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

after watching that saturday night NFL replay of the ravens/niners where everyone is mic'd...I got to agree with you..

this crap is highly unlikely...the thing is..they're going to be running shotgun a lot from what I hear...and this is going to screw up our run game even more than before..Now they'll know for sure when smith takes the ball under center its a run...Hostler can't sell a play action with his playcalling...

9. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Ok, I guess this week we're finally going to get to see what I thought would be implemented before the Seattle game. Now we get to see if running things from the shotgun works better for Smith. Also, lets see if Lelie and Davis can do anything to get the passing game going.

10. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

They are going to have to be creative...the way their playcalls have gone so far, they might as well have just sent a script of plays to the opposing defense telling them exactly what they were going to do

11. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Well, it looks like Dilfer is going to start. So much for this game.

12. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Dilfer can't move..wtf is the point..put Shaun Hill in...

13. steadypimpin

Bullcrap, we shouldve picked up a FA QB to try and salvage the season. All our QBs suck it doesnt matter who is back there. I now start the fire Mike Nolan movement!!!

14. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

That movement was started by Mike Nolan himself when he asked for anonymous suggestions from his own players..

15. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

I dont see how you can say Shaun Hill sucks. He looked great and mobile in preseason and TC. I say give this guy a shot, rather than dilfer, who is slow and old. Dilfer needs to be nothing but a mentor. Lets go Defense and Andy Lee

16. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_detail.php?PRKey=3559&section=PR News

17. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

lets go harylson show some god**mn worth in a game..who gives a heck about practice...

18. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

PRactice? Not a game, we're talking about practice?

19. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

come up with a new bit..that ones old as heck..go back to the JETS thread...its probably located in smack central by now...don't take ours there with you...

20. steadypimpin

Another embarassing day for the 49ers. We are indeed the laughing stock of the league again. Nolan needs to be fired and the team needs to be weeded through and rid of the crapty players we have on it. I hate watching our games, why the heck do I keep watching? When are we going to look like a normal football team???? Someone answer these questions for me because I have no clue.