The Official Tampa Bay Rays 2010 Thread!

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by suedon70, Apr 6, 2010.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Screw you Derek Jeter. Ball hits his bat and he turns in his best freaking thespian act to get on base. Freaking cat. Next at bat put one in that cat's freaking rib cage.

2. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

He's been learning doucebag acts from the master, A-Fraud - lol

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Wish I coulda watched the game tonight, but looks like the Rays prevailed in the 10th vs the Angels, keeping us still 1/2 game behind the Yank-mees:icon_cheesygrin:

Oh and loving that the Red Sux are 7.5 behind us in the wildcard! woohoo:jiggy:

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

dear fans,

wtf is wrong with you people, show the heck up and support us you freaking jerks !

signed

the rays

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Dear Rays,

Move the freaking stadium outta God's freaking waiting room and across the Bay where the alive people are and we will show up.

-Rays fans

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

weak, we had the vet for years.

what you people cant drive a few miles to see a great team like that ?

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I'm not speaking on my behalf. I love going to the games. Having the stadium in St. Pete eliminates the entire Orlando market.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

you're going to be heading to PR for games if this keeps up.

8. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

so St Pete and it's surrounding area only has 10-15000 people. This team just clinched a playoff spot and still could get best record in the league and they have 10,000 people. That's a joke. When they were in the world series, you could show up to the game and get a ticket. that is just ridiculous. I remember when they first started they had tons of fans, now what? they don't care and have a great team. That crap makes no sense.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I feel bad for true fans like Mushipoo who have to take crap because of the rest of their fan base.

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Mike, the Tampa Bay area has the worst housing market in the Nation. People are upside down in their mortgages. And the area also has the 3rd worst job market in the Nation.

If the Rays move across the Bay to Tampa the fan base will grow exponentially. Again Orlando, Lakeland, and even the east coast of Florida will come to the games.

11. mike oxlong

I hear ya mush, and I could see how they might now sell out or even fill half the stadium, but 10,000, there is no excuse. Maybe earlier in the year, but not at this point.

12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

The playoff games will be soldout. I just can't blame the people of St. Pete/Tampa for not spending money the don't have to go see a game that will just end up being another game. Yes we clinched a playoff spot but, that's a lot of money to a lot of people.

Again, the playoff games will be sold out. And I for one will be there.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

mush i get all that, it's not like philly is the beacon of economic stability, i would understand the stadium not being filled if the team wasn't that good and it was may. all kidding aside, i just don't understand not driving to a game during a pennant run to see that team.

i have heard you and some others state that the move to tampa would help, are these other areas like orlando and lakeland area better off ? just wondering because i deal with a ton of florida customers for all over that state and things seem pretty crapty overall.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

What was this story I saw the other day about Evan Longoria calling out the Rays fans for not showing up at games?

IMO, it's not a smart move to bite the hand that feeds you, or, in this case, pays your salary.

15. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Longo and David Price got crucified by the media and fans yesterday.

smeagle, I don't know what else to tell you. People just flat out can't afford to go to the games. Look at the Bucs games this year, they are all going to be blacked out. It's not that Tampa isn't a sports town, people are just hurting right now.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

thats why i questioned if a move to tampa would even help ? florida is flat out one the hardest hit states with the economic woes this country is facing. i got to know alot of good tampa sports fans back in the day on the bucs board and i will agree that there are a ton of good sports fans in that area.

17. mike oxlong

2 years ago when the Phillies opened the series in Tampa, there was tickets available. A friend of mine who moved to FLA, was able to get tickets the day of the game for game 1 and 2.

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Day of the game at the stadium? Doubt it.

19. mike oxlong

I could see the empty seats, I remember posting about it.

20. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Hmmm. maybe they got them through Stubhub or something similar, because I believe every home playoff game in Tampa in 2008 was sold out

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

The empty seats you saw were probably near the top of the 300 level. They tarped sections of the very top for years and I remember back in 2008 Sternberg authorizing the lifting of the tarp to sell more seats, but the official count was a sell-out taking into consideration the original set-up.