The Rate My Draft/Team Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Walnuts, Aug 28, 2012.

1. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Looks really good, is RB/WR your flex position? I like Sidney Rice as a upside pick once you have a few steady WR's. Cobb could come on in the slot.

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Money league, non-GIF:

QB Vick, Flacco, Locker
    RB CJ, Forte, Gore, M. Bush, R. Mendenhall
    WR Julio, Dez, Percy, Torrey Smith, Amendola
    TE Gates, Cook
    DST Seattle

I'm iffy at QB but real solid just about everywhere else. Plenty of ammo to make a QB move if needed like I did last year. Was able to assemble a good team having some extra picks. Traded up for Julio.

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Money League
    QB: P Manning, M Ryan
    RB: LeSean McCoy; Doug Martin; L. Blount; Isiaih Pead
    WR: Julio Jones; G Jennings; M Williams; B. Quick; M Manningham;
    TE: A. Gates; J Witten
    K: M Bryant
    D/ST: Patriots

Maybe a hole at 3rd WR, and I need Martin to hit, but I'm happy other than that

4. cpgobrowns

I think you're good at QB. Flacco should have a decent year if Vick gets hurt. But, notice the lack of Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals on my team.....:icon_cheesygrin:

5. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

good team, i dont think ive seen anyone pick brian quick in any of drafts though

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

At worst, some WRs will hit on the wire this year and you should be able to pick up depth there, and that's about your only problem. I paired Ryan and Manning on another team of mine, and you have almost all guys I've drafted at some point this year. I'd maybe look for a RB and WR who get a few more touches, for depth, but you're sitting nice on paper before the season starts.

7. Yeah RB/WR is a flex spot.

8. CStevenson13

Is TE/WR your flex? Gates and Witten could be magic later in the year

9. CStevenson13

I really really like this team from top to bottom, very deep

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Thanks. If Vick stays healthy I'm golden, but if not I have the ammo to make a change if necessary. Picked up Brees early on and ended up with like 4 trade-rapes by the end of the year, picking up CJ, Brees and Gronk and ditching both Felix and Murray right when they got hot before they got hurt.

11. cpgobrowns

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up getting Manning and Ryan back to back because there was nobody i valued at that point. (And I got burned by Manning last year).
    I took Quick because i was up against the clock and I always try and take a rookie or a 2nd year. He was the pick before my Def and kicker.
    We can't start 2 TE's, but nobody was taking Witten because of his spleen. So I figured in 3 or 4 weeks I can trade him for a good WR or a RB to fill that hole.

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I have the jets and Seahawks defenses on my team. The lions are available to be picked up. Should I drop one of my defenses to add them?

13. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I would

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Newton - Turner - Boldin

Or

Peyton - Benson - Decker

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

·Stewart, Jonathan RB CAR
    ·Nicks, Hakeem WR NYG

OR

·Smith, Torrey WR BAL
    ·Forte, Matt RB CHI

16. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I was working last night but heard Forte got injured so depends on that. If its not a serious injury I'm taking Torrey/Forte every time.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Forte sprained an ankle...

18. CStevenson13

Would def go with the 2nd option if Forte avoids major injury...We've added a short passing game and Torrey is running more of the route tree taking advantage of the cushion he gets. I think he'll be a steady performer.

19. CStevenson13

Won in week 1 in both of my leagues, Week 2 is gonna be tough in my Yahoo league, not as much in my nfl.com league but my opponent did get 19 points w/the Packers D last night.

20. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Im starting Torrey Smith over Marques Colston this week. Not sure if that's a smart option, but.