Thinking Of Contracting The Blog Section Of The Site...

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Feb 2, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I am considering contracting the blog section of the site. The member sections are not active and I am thinking of going another route with them.

So, how do the current bloggers feel about this? I am eagerly awaiting the feedback of the bloggers.

2. Because of my current workload as a reporter......I still have yet to finish my Hall of Fame blogs. I've had them saved onto notepads for awhile now.

And I'll need to revise them after the 2011 HOF class is announced because some of my selections are likely to be named to the Pro Football HOF.

If another news reporter could step in and fill my shoes for a little bit....that would be highly appreciated. Sweets and Ward are the only ones that have been posting besides me while your at work Steve.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Contracting as in paying someone.....

You do whatvis beat foe the site dude .....as volunteers I know we are unreliable and I don't blame you....

As fir me I don't have a blog every week as much as I'd like too bc I don't feel it would be fair to the trades to post something just foe the sake of posting and it not being good or just hurried

4. SRW

No, contracting as getting rid of the individual forums and just having one member driven blog. All who want to post, post. I will need to find a way for active, quality bloggers to be separated from the pack some other way. Looks like we will need to go with the community route before we have the cream rise to the top so to say.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would contract them...I don't think they are active enough to have their owns...

6. I'll get my HOF blogs going starting Monday.......

7. is everyone satisfied with the draft blogs?

right now I've been working on getting more information on players to make my player rankings.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've enjoyed them adam.

9. Thanks Man.

10. SRW

I have liked them, they have improved each time.

11. Thanks Steve.

12. SRW

Wow, the blog might just be removed at this point. It's almost completely dead outside of adammwilson. His reports might just be finding a new home in the scouting reports forum.

13. I think when FA starts (if it does). combine, and stuff like that it will be used more. It's a dead period in the league right now for the most part.

14. SRW

Look at what people can do right now though.....season in review by team, division or league, draft needs, team breakdowns by position, free agency preview...I can go on and on.

15. that's true. I would if I had more time.... I can do team needs for the Titans and Jets because I've already done it if you want.

16. SRW

Sure, the more content the better. It gets your work out there and gives you more cred as a writer if the work is up to snuff.

17. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I brought this up before. I think that we should get some folks together to take a division and break it down for the season. In that you can have them review 2010, look ahead to 2011 (or what part of it might happen) and dissect that. Strengths, weaknesses, high points, low points. Key losses, key additions! I think if we did this it could get some talk going as well as give us something to do. I know that I haven't been the best blogger and am hoping to get a combine piece up this week. But I think we should consider this if people would be up for it. I personally would like to take the NFC East! I can put together a format after if enough people are interested in this.

18. SRW

I am all for that. However, I need help and could use someone who would spearhead that challenge. So is there anyone who wants to take on organizing that?

19. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'm all for spear heading the whole End of season/Look forward to 2011 thin but last time I recommended it no one else hopped on board. I'm going to take the NFC East. Any other takers?

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

and the crickets come back.