This Is What Being A Saints Fan Is Like.....

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Saintsfan1972, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

.......brief moments of ecstasy followed by long stretches of sadness.

excellent rant on being a saints fan.....link

2. pacoltsguy

pacoltsguy Guest

I was glad when the Colts thumped you on opening night--you had the most productive offense last season. The Colts had made a statement.

But then............

You lost to Tampa Bay--and I'm going WTF! Gruden sucks as a head coach--He won a Super Bowl with Dungy's team and hasn't done jack since.

And then I watched your game against the Titans!!!!! What the Hell has happened to your team?!!!!!!

How can you go from so good to so bad so quickly?

3. Saintsfan1972

feel my pain

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Poor Saints fans. Hopefully they bounce back to look even somewhat like last year's team.

5. Saintsfan1972

just not on Dec 23 huh?????

6. DawkinsINT

Of course. I want us to break the 56 points we put up on the Lions last week. Revenge is necessary for knocking us out of the playoffs last year. :icon_evil:

7. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

OL collapsed

8. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I think they had momentum in trying to please the city and playing in NO again. Now they dont have that drive that they had last year. Their defense blows, their offense is good. I get it.

9. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

4th and 14, Garcia's beautiful pass in between two saints defenders to LJ Smith. No offense, But true Cowboys fan, I hate the Eagles with a passion, but even I wanted them to win that game, just because when the Saints murdered Dallas last season, one of my best friends ate me up with it, cuz he's a Saints fan. And then that Horrible flag came out and took away that play, I was so freaking pissed. Garcia was about to rally the troops after that play, you could feel it.. instead, never got the chance.

10. DawkinsINT

Yeah, that call still pisses me off. If Shawn Andrews wouldn't have gotten hurt, I think the Eagles would have won that game.

11. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

You're lucky you're not a fan of a team that gets beat by a Pepsi Vending Machine in a commercial.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I do bro, I do.

I went from SB winner, to SB looser to an 8-8 season within 4 years

13. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I went from a divisional playoff victory to a 3-13 season..your point? crap goes wrong in a hurry....everytime the niners win a game over the last 7 years...its the same way..even when they went to the playoffs in back to back years...

14. happ

happ PECAVI

As a Falcons fan, I feel your pain all too well. Our teams are like ugly sisters that get a sympathy date every once in a blue moon and go to the dance, but never actually get to the stage. Here's hoping. :bagonhead:

15. Saintsfan1972

hahahaha....best analogy i've seen in a while

16. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

hoe downs don't have stages...usually just barns with straw thrown over the horse crap...

17. Saintsfan1972

kind of like our o-line and db's

18. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

Something about naming a team "Saints," and that team having really crappy luck, is ironic. :icon_smile: