This Year Could Be Rex Grossman's Last

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BoltsFanUK, Feb 24, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

This is a good deal for both sides. If Grosssman does well, he'll get a small payday. If he does awful, the Bears can cut him loose.

If the Bears eventually let him go or let him walk at some point, he'll get a back up gig somewhere.

2. M1LEHIGH

M1LEHIGH Backup Clipboard Holder

The brass in Chicago must see something special in this kid to be giving him so many opportunities to succeed in the windy city.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

He did "take" them to the Super Bowl...

4. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

When he isn't being turning the ball over, the guys pretty good. But, you hurry him or make him slightly unsettled and he turns into Interceptsaurus (sp?) Rex.

5. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

"In his first full season as a starter last year, the former Florida star quarterbacked the Bears to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1985 yet was heavily scrutinized by fans - Man that's embarassing."

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

He was scrutinized by the fans and media that year. He took a beating like no other that season. One thing that would have great if the Bears had beaten the Colts in Super Bowl XLI is Grossman could win the MVP award and say here media , UP YOURS!

7. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

And that could have just as easily happened. I don't care what anybody says, that loss to the Colts was a team loss! Not a Grossman loss! I still have faith in him and I do think it was a good deal for both sides.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yeah, Grossman played bad but so did the defense. The Colts were dinking and ducking us to death with those short passes that worked to perfection. If I remember correctly, our defense was on the field for a grand total of 38 or 39 minutes that game.

9. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Yeah, and the defense couldn't stop the run to save their lives!!! :angry2: