Thoughts On The New Look To The Latest NFL Headlines Forum?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Feb 19, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

ditto.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Is there a way to see which articles I has already read?

5. SRW

I am working on that....I was thinking of maybe having an overlay on the images that lighten the image when that story has been read of if there are no new posts since the last time you read it.

6. SRW

I also need to find a way to separate the sticky threads from the rest of the stories. Plus we need the moderation check boxes.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like the idea of the overlay...

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Is it possible to set it to "list by last post" by default?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  9. SRW

This setup doesn't have that option by default but if you scroll down you can see options to alter the order. The sticky threads will stay on top.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I like the look a lot, I did have some issues with the navigation initially, but it appears I wasn't the only one and it's being addressed, so carry on!

11. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Ned Negative disapproves. Strongly.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

whats wrong with the NFL Headlines forum IV?

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The longer I see it, the less I like it. What bothers me the most, is that you had to set it to "Last Post" again and again

14. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Good things: Pictures!

Bad: Can't see what I've already read / has new posts / comments. I come here not just for the news but the comments from the users. The community aspect of this layout is lacking. Often I'll read a thread just because it is generating discussion.

Also, it might be nice to have a link to "My Team's News" based on the user's selection of their favorite NFL team on the right side column. This is faster than having to pick my team out of the list of 32.

15. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

IV there are drop down boxes at the top of the page one for AFC News and NFC News, just pick your team out of there and all the stories involving them will be there.

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

You can click on a team on the right side of the site

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Olly I think Steve is trying to work that out.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd definitely like to see the ones I've read as well. Let me ask this question and it may or may not be possible...

Instead of having the Teams listed on the right, could one select their "favorite team" and have those headlines listed there in place of the teams. The font could be as small as the teams are so it wouldn't take up anymore space?

I like having the teams there personally, but I think I would also like all the Steelers headlines there as well.

But like mush said, there's an option at the top of the page, an option on the right to get to your teams...

19. SRW

I think I see what you mean...Say I make the Steelers news page show like a top 10 of Steelers stories and then show the rest of the news around the NFL underneath? And make the Steelers stories standout over everything else?

Believe me....you are seeing where I am trying to go with this.

1 person likes this.