Tim Hightower Attempting Comeback With Saints

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by markaz, Feb 15, 2015.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Tim Hightower stands as one of the few 21st century exceptions to the rule of thumb that a torn ACL is no longer a career-threatening injury.

Taking over as the Washington Redskins' starting running back, Hightower was on pace for the best season of his career when he tore his ACL in October of 2011. He hasn't played an NFL game since.

The 28-year-old is attempting a comeback with the New Orleans Saints after joining former New York Giants safety Kenny Phillipsin signing reserve/futures contracts with the team last month.

"When I went down, I wrote down on a sheet of paper that this wouldn't be the end for me," Hightower told The Times-Picayune. "... It was a long process. But I don't think I ever stopped training. I don't think I ever stopped working toward this goal. As I trained, as I did rehab, as I went to the different surgeries, I just tried to keep that end picture in mind."

Hightower believes the Saints are "dedicated to making changes" on the heels of a disappointing 2014 season.

With Mark Ingram expected to reach free agency, Hightower could end up competing for an open spot on the tailback depth chart this offseason.

Source: nfl.com

2. markaz

I remember when this guy started his career with the Cards and was extremely happy when he left. Never seen a RB with such 'happy feet'. He never hit a hole, but would start taking baby steps then cut outside. Good luck, NO.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Would've been a perfect candidate for the veteran combine?

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I knew about his signing but didn't know about the Kenny Phillipsin signing. Is he any good?

5. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

they are both so good they signed with any team willing to take a gamble..

Saints are in "OMG HELP" mode signing every bum with a "dream" knowing they can't do much else.. strapped for cash like a trailer park hooker and uncertain roles changing at the very tip top I'm not sure 2015 will be much more than another .500

6. markaz

You should write for SB Nation, Kurt.

7. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

wth does that mean? I do write for FKH =)

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

At least they are making an effort...its a good time to get bargains on free agent veterans. Surprised they haven't gotten Landry in there yet.

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

just what we need, another safety. and one that looks like the Hulk.

86WARD likes this.
  10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he was a decent rb for the skins until he tore his acl. good luck to him.

Kurt likes this.