Titans Pleased With Rookie CB Alterraun Verner's First Start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by SRW, Oct 3, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Denver Broncos went after Titans rookie cornerback Alterraun Verner early and often on Sunday, matching the former UCLA product against Brandon Lloyd for the majority of the afternoon. Lloyd had 11 catches for 115 yards to lead the Broncos. Verner made the first start of his young career after second-year cornerback Jason McCourty missed the game with a fractured forearm. McCourty is expected to be out for the next few weeks. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said he was impressed with Verner's first career start. "I thought he played hard," Fisher said. "That's a dynamic offense. They made some plays on him with some play action. But, he was one-on-one and he was there to make the tackle. We expected that they were going to make some of those plays. They've made them against everybody. I thought he battled. I thought he was in the right place, doing the right thing. This game by no means is too big for him." Vener finished second on the team with 11 total tackles on the day, with all 11 being solo stops. He also led the Titans with three passes defensed.

Source: TitansRadio.com