Todd Haley Apologizes For Not Shaking Josh McDaniels' Hand

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Kansas City Chiefs head coach Todd Haley apologized for not going through with the customary post-game handshake with Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels. After Sunday's game, Haley stopped short of shaking McDaniels' hand on the field, pointed his finger at McDaniels and said something. Speaking to reporters after the game, Haley danced around the topic and didn't address it specifically. At his Monday press conference, Haley apologized (audio via 810 WHB): "I also want to touch on a post-game situation that I know, or it sounds like, has become a big deal," Haley told reporters, "and I do want to apologize for me not shaking Josh's hand after the game. I do believe in doing what's right and that was not right. I probably let emotions of the situation get me too much. I apologize and I apologize to the fans and to Denver and to Josh." As for what caused those emotions, Haley wouldn't say. "No I think, Doug [Tucker], that I don't think that's necessary to get into it," Haley said. "I think it's very necessary that I let everybody know that I would do that over again at the end and it wasn't the right thing to do. I felt like, again, communicating it to the majority, or anyone that was watching it, to let them know how I felt and that's important." McDaniels said he wasn't sure why Haley didn't shake his hand. "I don’t know. I'm not sure about that," McDaniels said in a video on DenverBroncos.com (via PFT). "I was proud of the way we played."

Source: Arrowhead Pride

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
  2. I love that picture more and more......:icon_cheesygrin:

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

That picture needs a caption.

4. "Consequences will never be the same!"

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

:icon_frown: I was going to use that :icon_cry:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  6. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Just win, baby!
    [​IMG]

7. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I heard what he actually said to McDaniels is 'everybody's talking **** about you!'...not sure if that's true...but anyway, it was very rude and unprofessional.

8. According to the AP transcript....his exact words to McDaniels was:

NFL Fanhouse

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

"I SAW you over there eating those god **mn Cheetos! NO! You've got that orange crap all over your fingers!"

But seriously, what is Haley, a freaking five year old? What a clown.

10. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Well I heard that Haley was mad because the bronco players were laughing on the sidelines about injuring Chiefs players....understandable that he'd be upset about that....but still, shake the mans hand and go on.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Blah why does he HaVE to shake his hand

If he didn't want to good for him

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Ok I get your point, if you're upset, make a statement. I can get that. But don't be a rodbag and walk out there like everything's fine, then stand there scolding McDaniels with your finger pointed out like he's being sentenced and you're a judge. Because you're not.

This caught me up though:

That makes little to no sense. You didn't do the right thing, and you'd do it again? Saying that makes Haley sound pretty damn stupid if you ask me. Sounds like a W. line for God's sake.

13. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

I was just thinking if Pioli had a hand in this lol pardon the pun lmao

14. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

WHat he did was very rude and unprofessional. end of story

15. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

"This will be the last time we let you beat us at your home!" :laughpound:

16. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I think Haley was just pissed about two things. One was McDaniels challenging the ruling of incomplete on that incredible TD catch by Lloyd. It didn't have a factor in deciding the game at all and was only meant for the stats. The bigger thing that I think Haley was mad about was on a Chiefs onside kick attempt, Mays slammed Moeaki to the ground when he wasn't even looking. It was a pretty bad cheap shot and gave Moeaki a concussion.

I know that last part will piss off any coach and player, but you still got to maintain yourself and just say we'll make them pay for that when they come to our place.

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

snitchmove

18. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

The way the writer put it was confusing, but Haley was simply saying that he'd have shaken his hand...I totally understand why he was mad though...and who hasn't let their emotions get the best of them from time to time? I seem to recall something about Belichick and Ryan not shaking hands before either...it happens.