Todd Haley Clarifies Comments About Chiefs QB Situation

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by 86WARD, Sep 24, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Kansas CIty head coach Todd Haley didn't so himself any favors Tuesday when asked about Cassel's standing as the team's starter: You've got to ultimately do what you think gives your team the best chance to win. "If that means another quarterback being in there other than Matt Cassel, then sign me up." That, naturally, created a stir in Kansas City, even though it was clear Haley has no real intention of benching Cassel, who will be paid $40.5 million in the first three years of his contract. Thursday, Haley tried to bury the story by saying: "I would be clear that there's no doubt in my mind that Matt Cassel right now gives us the best chance to win. But also, I will stay with what I say. If that ever changes, I'll stand by what I believe in -- put the guys out there that give you the best chance."

Source: ESPN.com

2. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Damn Brodie and his emergence in one stupid game. of course this would happen 2 us now after we paid him (Cassel) bank. what a thorn Brodie is.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

God I hope this doesn't turn into a QB merry go round again...

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Can they still trade cassell to the broncos lol

5. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Bullcrap. Just because he's injury prone doesn't mean he's not good. If he had a line he'd do fine.

When this kid was recruited by 'Bama he was THE #1 HIGH SCHOOL QB in the Nation. He didn't look half bad at 'Bama either. Granted he is fragile as heck but he takes too much crap from the Red and Gold fans. Yes Herm drafted him and yes Herm's a crapty coach. But Herm IS a hell of a scout.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I've never argued that he's got a cannon.

I've never argued that he's got the potential to be a starter in the NFL behind an awesome O line.

I've just gotten tired of watching him get knocked out of games during a rebuilding.

Build up the O line where he has time to make decisions and hope to God he doesn't get put out for the season and I'm behind him.

Now we have a QB that has been in front of the team and I'd like to keep that trend going.

7. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

ive rooted 4 Brodie, all during Herms tendure. i also am tired of him. i know that he has the accuracy 2 be like Chad Pennington. but im feed up with waiting on him.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He's got 3x the cannon of Chad.

9. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I agree with Haley...just put the one out there who gives us the best chance to win...I liked what I saw out of Cassel Sunday...and I liked how Brodie played (for the most part) in week 1...