Todd Haley Fascinated With Chiefs Rookie WR/RB Dexter McCluster's Potential

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Aug 8, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Chiefs head coach Todd Haley has been running rookie WR/RB Dexter McCluster ragged this spring, lining him up in all types of situations and formations. But as Haley told CBSSports.com senior writer Clark Judge, it's too hard not to realize the potential the 5-8, 170-pound speedster brings to the lineup. "When you're looking at a guy like McCluster," said Haley, "your mind is racing with possibilities." Aside from using McCluster at wide receiver and running back, he will also work on special teams in a similar role that Reggie Bush handles for the Saints.

Source: CBS Sports

2. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i really liked this kid coming out of college. i hope he blows up in to a superstar.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Me too. I saw him for the first time while I was in the hospital last fall. I thought then he could be something special if he got drafted by the NFL.

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Im sure Haley will not waste his potential.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Haley would waste his talent. Weis would help him realize his talent.

6. warcrychief

Haley has made WR's, not waste them.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

When he could focus on them one on one sure, but not when he has to worry about a team.

8. warcrychief

he has had 1 year under his belt as HC. i think 1 year hardly counts as a messure that he can waste a WR's talent.

9. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I think you're misunderstanding MJ's posts. He's saying that Haley doesn't have time to look over one guy to make him the real deal. It's Weis' job to do that.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Exactly. That is what Weis is for, to help in more detail. Haley can only do so much with an entire team to run.

11. warcrychief

Its Haley that runs Weis. not the other way around. im sure Haley would tell him what 2 do with the WR's. in no way whould he waste Dexters talent.