Todd Haley Getting Chiefs Players To Lose Weight

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by wide right, Jun 20, 2009.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

The Kansas City Chiefs just might be the biggest losers in the NFL. To be specific, the Chiefs have lost a combined 340 pounds this year -- and not, say, by cutting some rotund defensive tackle. They lost the weight through hard work, something apparently in short supply when the team went 2-14 last season. "We were out of shape and not really strong," said new Coach Todd Haley, who has put a premium on his players dropping some pounds. "I talked to our strength coach at Arizona [where Haley was last season] and he said if you're a highly efficient team that's working, you lose about 120 to 150 pounds in the off-season. The players understood that to be around, we weren't going to have a fat team," he said. "And if you were fat, we'd probably just move on at some point as soon as we could."

Source: Sam Farmer, LA Times

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Get those slow fat heckers down to fighting weight!!!

3. Hell Ya actually showing those players what a pro is about, this team is getting inshape and maybe Glenn Dorsey will actually grow to form to now!

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I sure hope so.

I'd hate to see him waste away in the league because of poor conditioning and bad coaching.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dorsey woulden't waste because of conditioning or coaching, he is being wasted in a 3-4 scheme.