Todd Haley Says Chiefs WR Jonathan Baldwin Will Be A Game-Time Decision

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Oct 20, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Coach Todd Haley indicated today the Chiefs were no closer to deciding whether their first-round draft pick, wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin, would make his NFL debut Sunday against the Raiders in Oakland. Baldwin broke his thumb in a training camp fight with teammate Thomas Jones. He was well enough to play in the Chiefs most recent game two weeks ago in Indianapolis, but was inactive. ''When I say somebody’s ready to go, he’s ready to go,'' Haley said. ''But at the same time as the head coach you’ve got to make the right decision for the team and for the Indy game that was the right decision because we won the game. But there’s a lot more that goes into it than Jonathan Baldwin. 'He was ready to go for the Indy game. I’m glad now he’s had a couple more weeks. At the same time, that decision will come down to game day, I believe. Not because of him really, but there are a lot of different things to think about. I have to think about Steve Breaston and Dwayne Bowe a little bit. They’ve been playing really well the last couple of weeks specifically and I don’t want to disrupt them a whole bunch.''

Source: Kansas City Star