Tony Dungy Admonishes Eagles QB Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 25, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports although the Eagles and the NFL say that Michael Vick's recent public alcohol consumption has not violated the terms set by his probation, the court document detailing provisions for the quarterback upon his release from custody is not clear on the matter. Tony Dungy, meanwhile, admonished Vick in an interview after the former NFL coach was made aware of his protégé's public drinking. "Michael, you can't do that," Dungy said in a report on SI.com. The court document states that "the defendant shall refrain from excessive use of alcohol," but a "special conditions clause" is cloudy when it comes to the amount of alcohol use permitted during Vick's probation.

Source: The Redzone.org

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Tony Dungy has proven himself to be a great coach, mentor and role model that some parents might actually learn something from. But in this case it's time for Tony to shut the heck up. While Vick's activities that led to his imprisonment, bankrupty and eternal public scrutiny, for Tony to berate Vick in the public domain for something that the public really doesn't care about is utter bullcrap. Unless Vick is seen going into the pet store and purchasing 30 dogs, I don't think we need Tony Dungy to call a press conference to tell Vick he's not doing something right. Stick with advising Vick on the evils of dog fighting, Tony, and leave his butt alone about a freaking cocktail. You can be the Moral Police to a point.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

They have no way of even proving how much alchohol he had. He could just say he was drinking juice.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

who cares

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Tony being Holier then Thou....

:preach:

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm with smeagle.

7. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I won't condemn anyone for having a beer or a cocktail. I choose not too any more but if someone else does that's ok. I'd have to question going to a club or bar and doing it though....be careful of where you're hanging and who you're hanging with or that old lifestyle will be right back.