Tony Dungy Believes Eagles QB Michael Vick Is On The Right Path

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Aug 10, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Tony Dungy believes in mentoring and says it puts people on the right path—including his most famous pupil, Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick. On a national tour to promote his new book on mentoring, Dungy told The Associated Press on Monday that Vick still has a lot to learn about his image. Dungy says even if Vick isn’t doing something illegal, he still can better decisions to stay out of harm’s way. Vick hosted a birthday party that ended with a shooting June 25 in Virginia Beach, Va. “The first thing people have to realize is that probation officers detail everything, and if he is off track even a little, they’re going to come down,†Dungy said. “They reviewed the situation that went on and moved forward. The NFL did and moved forward. Michael would like to have all the negative publicity back, but it really wasn’t the type of thing that people have blown it into. But that’s the lesson for him.†Vick is on probation after serving an 18-month federal prison sentence that ended in May 2009 for dogfighting. “Tony Dungy can go somewhere and if something happens, I’m not going to get singled out,†Dungy said. “Michael Vick goes some place and the same thing happens, and you’re the center of attention. You’re the focus. Now is it fair? Who knows? But that’s the bed you’ve made and you’ve got to sleep in it and be prepared for that. That’s the lesson he’s learned.â€

Source: Associated Press

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I can't wait for that path to lead him to a new team.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

So what part of mentoring is using Vick to promote his new book???

Looks like Tony needs a mentor on mentoring... :icon_rolleyes:

I just love when people talk in the 3rd person. :icon_smile:

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

^this Xs 1mil

5. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Dungy needs to get off of Vick's balls. I'm starting to lose respect for him.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

You and me both, I mean Dungy can say Vick has changed all he wants, but the fact that Vick is consistantly in the news for doing bad crap or hanging with the wrong people doesn't show he has changed anything.

7. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

I think the man knows him more than us. Vick's problems have always been bad decision making and surrounding himself with the wrong people. Now it seems he's just around the wrong people.

8. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Which is his own decision...so he's still making bad decisions...

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Exactly, Vick is continuing to hang out with these people by his own choice. You can try to defend that but it still comes down to his poor decision making. And that excuse that well he knows these guys and how would it be to cut them off is bull.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

hey now, stop it you haters. what's so wrong if the nfl/eagles coddle him further by giving him even more handlers that will make sure he doesn't make bad decisions ? racists !