Tony Sparano Plans Sit Down With Dolphins DE Phillip Merling

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Sweets, May 29, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

While he escaped questions about the incident that led to his arrest after practice Friday, Phillip Merling can expect a sit-down with Dolphins coach Tony Sparano according to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "We're going to let the process play itself out and see what the league decides down the road," Sparano said. "There's a lot of facts out there right now, a lot of information, and a lot of assumptions. I'm going to sit down, visit with [Merling] and talk to him about my end of this thing, which I've done already." Sparano admitted there's a level of frustration with his players as four Dolphins have been arrested this offseason. "There are situations where you can get in trouble, be in the wrong place at the wrong time and make one bad decision and it turn into something big," said starting tailback Ronnie Brown, who was arrested for DUI in March. "I know we're all grown, and we make decisions. But at the same time, you don't want to make a decision where you end up on the news and become a distraction to the team."

Source: Sun Sentinel

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I'd be scared. You never wanna have a sit down with a guy named Sparano. Don't kiss his butt either. He can smell fear and deceit.