Tony Sparano Tries To Explain Dolphins Play Calling

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by 86WARD, Sep 23, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

When did the second day of the week turn into Second Guessers Day? Whenever it started, there was no shortage of it among Dolphins followers Tuesday. The Dolphins had a run and pass called and, because of the coverage and defensive front, chose the run. They did the same thing on the fourth-quarter third-and-6. ``We did not, contrary to popular belief, just call a run play,'' coach Tony Sparano said. ``We called an either-or play, a `check-with-me' play to try to give us the best situation possible. And, really, the play we ran was the best situation. I don't second-guess the call. Now, whether or not we executed the play well enough . . . ``In the course of that game, we executed a lot of run plays pretty well. We didn't quite execute that play well enough.''

Source: Miami Herald

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i think the phins are doing the best they can right now with what they have to work with. their problem is that oppossing coaches have figured their players, plays, and schemes and are defending them better. they just need time to re-adjust.

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

They definitely need to work on that 2 minute offense. And Ted Ginn needs to make the big plays.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i don't think ted ginn has the stones to be big time. he plays scared.

5. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Tony needs to get his team and slap the chet out of them for blowing that last drive... come on Chad! What was the deal with the clock ? YOu had 3 mins to go down the field.
    Use those T.O and sidelines wisely.. they could have still ran some wildcat and opened up the passing game even more.. The Colts didn't have an answer to it... except for Peyton and his 12 second drill hahaha.

6. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

No crap. It was downright embarrassing. They looked clueless out there.