Top 5 WR's Next Year?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, May 16, 2010.

?

Best WR prospect

1. AJ Green

50.0%
  2. Julio Jones

25.0%
  3. Michael Floyd

6.3%
  4. Jonathan Baldwin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

18.8%
  1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Just to be different, how about Stephen Burton of West Texas A and M?

At 6-4 and 215 pounds, he has the size that the NFL likes. So far this year, he's caught 28 passes and averages 17.7 yards per catch.

He also has return skills. He's averaging 21.2 yards on kickoff returns and 17.2 yards on punt returns.

2. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

TD catch at 26 seconds
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzKMBNCCE1Q&feature=fvst]YouTube - Georgia Bounces Back To Rock Tennessee[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=delf_2vWTVs]YouTube - A.J. Green highlights vs. South Carolina (2009)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglUFT1OwKo&NR=1&feature=fvwp]YouTube - Aj Green 2009 Sophomore Highlights[/ame]

Several plays where he does not shy away from contact. He actually has a good stiff arm. He may be skinny, but he plays like he weighs 30 pounds heavier

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol i mean he doesnt go dead on contact but the pros are a different game, he wont be steam rolling anyone with that frame.

like i said, randy moss....great player, but not exactly the epitome of physicality.

i remember moss said "eh i dont need to do this, i just need to catch the ball" at the combine bench press when he couldnt even get one at 225

4. dublin mike

Yeah, but Green doesn't go out of his way to avoid contact. He is going to do what it takes to get an extra 3 - 4 yards, unlike Moss who runs out 5 yards before the DBs get to him

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

fair enough, but comparatively to the other top WRs they shame green in YAC ability. jones is a phemon, thats one of floyds biggest assets, baldwin is just huge and little is good after the catch too. thats the point i was making, if i had to find a weakness in green that the others dont have that would be it, but hes just not that type of player

6. dublin mike

I'm not trying to come across as a homer (failing miserably I am sure) but I see the kid every week. He has taken at least 3 screen passes to the house. I'd take him as the 1st guy without a second thought of the others mentioned.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I honestly think Jones and Green are apples and oranges. I prefer Green because I see him being an elite vertical WR. I think Moss is a good comparison, and people forget Moss hasnt exactly been worthless from 10-20 either.

8. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

I really think Green will be a great wr in the NFL and Jones will be good but my #2 wr for the NFL (behind Green) has to be Leonard Hankerson. Plays a lot like Mike Williams in TB who I think will probably get Rookie of the Year.

9. Jones is so overrated.

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

A few names I like are Broyles of OU, Justin Blackmon if he decides to declare he's intriguing to me, Ronald Johnson, Pilares - Hawaii, not to exclude Julio Jones.