Trade Eval./Advise

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by TheSnowman, Sep 9, 2011.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Team A (me):
    Brees
    Forte/DeAngelo WIlliams/Felix Jones/Spiller
    Andre Johnson/Nicks/Mike Thomas/Ochocinco/Sims-Walker/Lee Evans
    Greg Olsen/Jared Cook/Lance Kendricks

Team B
    P. Manning/Orton
    C. Johnson/McFadden/Hightower/Lynch/McGahee/Starks
    Fitzgerald/Mike Williams/Santana Moss/Sidney Rice
    Vernon Davis

Starters: QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX(RB/WR)/TE/DST/K
    QB TDs are 4, PPR, some bonuses for lots of yardage, and any TD (QB/RB/WR/TE) over 50yds is worth 10.

He's offered: Mike Williams, Tim Hightower for Felix Jones, Mike Thomas

I've told him for a little while I'm interested in Hightower, who he picked up right after the draft (undrafted). Felix is my depth at RB and he and Thomas look like my best flex options right now. I like Mike Williams alright and he has a decent schedule, but he could get locked down without other options on that team and lose red zone carries to Blount. Is picking up Hightower gonna be worth it? I know he's supposed to get touches and rack up yards this year as Shannahan's horse.

I just can't decide which two flex options I'd rather have this year. Felix will have a tough schedule, especially in the playoffs; so will Thomas. I've told Team B I'm also sort of interested in Vernon Davis.

I could definitely hold still– I like my team. As always I'd appreciate advice from anyone who has an opinion on this.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Which Mike Williams?

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

My bad. Tampa.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think I'd do it. I like Felix Jones a lot more than Hightower...

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah it's kind of a lateral move I think. Hightower will see more carries but IMO Jones has boosted value in PPR. I just got to looking at schedules and Jones and Thomas have tough ones. Bad schedules was what undid my team last year after being on a roll all year.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think Williams is a HUGE upgrade over Thomas, especially now with McCown/Gabbert throwing to him. When you combine that with his move outside meaning less slot work I see a big drop in his production. I like all of the guys you have behind him (Ocho, MSW, Evans) better than him right now.

Jones for Hightower is a gamble, but one that could pay off nicely. I think that with no real QB the Skins are going to be pounding it and they seem to like Hightower. Hightower is also a huge plus in PPR and will probably get a decent amount of catches from Checkdown Grossman.

I'd take the trade in a hot second personally. Williams is a WR1 this year and would be $$ in a PPR flex spot, moreso than Felix or Hightower.

HUGE WR upgrade and lateralish/possible upgrade at RB means pull the trigger to me,

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Right now, I'm leaning toward declining. But based on when he made an offer, as it stands I should have until 4:30 tomorrow to act, allowing me to get a look at a few things. I grabbed Jones because I think he'll get touches and catches and probably break some big plays. Hightower will get pounded, and I don't yet feel confident in Shannahan sticking to anything consistent or sane, at least not enough to make a gamble on it by downgrading from Felix.. I think best case scenario it's a pretty lateral move there. I'm not sure I can talk myself into believing in Williams enough this year and hoping for the best with Hightower.