Trade Offer

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Ridin Burgundy, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I have been offered JT O'Sullivan and Ronnie Brown for Tony Romo.

My backup QB is Campbell and currently my starting RBs are Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis so I really could do with upgrading there.

I thinking its a good deal with Campbell performing well and most likely will accept but what do you think?

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Do it

Brown is a FF stud

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't do it.

Right now Brown is overrated. Most of Brown's success in that NE game came out of the single wing formation. Once teams start to prepare for that formation (which NE, obviously did not,) they'll be able to shut it down. With the Raiders running it, the Dolphins and the Steelers played with it a little in the preseason, teams are going to be more aware of it. Brown has been average other than that.

He hasn't looked any better than Ricky Williams and last week, without that formation, Brown only ran for 40 yards on 14 carries. Williams ran for 98 on 16 attempts.

Just something to think about...

Brown is not in Romo's league...the Dolphins aren't a great team and Brown could wind up being very, very inconsistent. With Romo, you know what you're going to get. Brown...not so much. Plus he's a RBBC back...

4. Ridin Burgundy

But with how crap my current starters are doing he is an upgrade and although JC doesn't put up numbers the same numbers he is a good fantasy starter and will only improve throughout the season.

Usually I wouldn't do it but i'm in need of a RB.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

But you're giving up a Top 15 Fantasy Player for a guy who may or may not produce.

Romo, Johnson, Lewis

vs.

Campbell, Brown, (Johnson or Lewis.)

I'm taking the Romo trio everytime. Brown has not put up fantasy points outside of that single-wing formation. he's got 4, 9 and 48 points in my league. Romo is averaging 21 a week.

What's on your waiver wire as far as RB's go? Fargas or Perry there?

6. Ridin Burgundy

Fargs is there but i'm gonna pick him up as well since my other backup is Ahman Green.

I know it was his first big gme of the year but I think he will continue to do well after this and have a very good year (and my hatred for all things Cowboys may have something to do with it) so i'm gonna do the deal.

Cheers for the advice though.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

No problem. I wouldn't do it, but that's the fun of it...you never know. Here's hoping that Romo gets hurt Sunday...lol...

8. Ridin Burgundy

JC to outplay him by 200 yds and 3 scores:icon_cheesygrin:

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

There you go...

10. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

what's your roster? what's your scoring?

11. nlsmike

nlsmike NLS Owner

With Campbell playing the way he has I think I do this trade. It really depends on scoring for QB's to me. If you are getting huge bonus's for TD's from the QB I might sway my decision.

12. Ridin Burgundy

Its looking pretty good right now:icon_cheesygrin: