Trent Edwards - This Guy Has "It"

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by Zac, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Zac

Zac go straight to hell boy..

He threw for 432 yards, completed 75.4 percent of his passes, and had 0 interceptions. He threw on the run flawlessly a couple times. The guy also has great size - 6'4 220. However, all those things aren't what's most impressive about him. He has one of the quickest releases i've seen by any rookie in awhile.

I'm rooting for you, but you better watch your back J.P.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah, you guys are going to be real happy with Edwards. Easily one of the top qb's, if not (IMO) the top in the draft. If I was GM'ing I would have rather had him than Quinn or Russell, that's for sure. If he had been fortunate enough to play at a school like USC or ND, he probably would have been #1, but he got overlooked playing on a crapty team full of crapty players at Stanford. I guess that's what he gets for going to a school that actually educates you, lol.
    But yeah. Expect big things. I am sold on the fact that he will put Losman out of a job within 2 years, easily. Perhaps less.

3. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Its preseason, so I wouldn't give him too much credit until he proves himself in the regular season.

4. Zac

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Trent Edwards could turn out to be a steal. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Marv Levy thought so in April when the Buffalo Bills -- despite already being set at their two top quarterback spots -- made the eyebrow-raising decision to select Edwards in the third round of the NFL Draft. A few weeks later, the Bills general manager received a curious phone call that confirmed he made the right decision. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Advertisement [​IMG] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Just weeks before his death, Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh was on the line touting the Stanford product. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "It's the first time he's done this in all the years I've known him," Levy said Monday, referring to his friend and former colleague, who died last month. "But he called me and said, 'Marv, you've got yourself one heck of a quarterback.'" [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Four weeks into training camp, Edwards is showing signs he'll prove Walsh correct and the Bills astute for drafting him. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Bills quarterbacks coach Turk Schonert has even more reason than most to respect Walsh's judgment: he played under him at Stanford in the 1970s. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "For Bill to say that, it gets you excited. And then when the player comes in here and lives up to or exceeds it, it's even better," Schonert said. "He's been everything we thought he would be on film and more." [/FONT]

5. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

whether it's him, losman, whoever... i just want the bills to have a QB that can be decent since Jim Kelly. Is that too much to ask?

6. BATW20

BATW20 Starter

I thought Losman did that last year.

I am a huge fan of Losman and expect big things out of him, but it's nice to know that we have a good insurance policy behind him. And a few years down the road maybe we can pull what the Falcons did with Matt Shaub and get a good amount of draft picks for Edwards so long as Losman is locked up on this team.

7. Nixon

Nixon would you kindly

lol weren't you guys all on DJ's butt telling him he was crazy for calling Edwards a great pick for the Bills?

8. BATW20

BATW20 Starter

We were all over him for saying the Bills would draft a QB on the first day.

If Edwards didn't fall much further than we should have, we wouldn't have drafted a QB though.

And I still don't think it was a good pick. With all the holes we have we don't have that kind of luxury to develop another QB. I'm just glad he's atleast turned out to be a good player.

9. Zac

Well so far so good.

10. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

well guess he did good today.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

toldja